Tinnitus Started After Sinus Infection / a Course of Antibiotics / Vacuuming

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Brendahtx86, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Brendahtx86

Brendahtx86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection
      Hi everyone,

My ringing just started on the 5th of this year. I had a sinus infection over the holidays and was so stuffed up couldn't breath and my ears were stuffed up as well. I was given antibiotics and sent home.

I started taking them on the 2nd and everything was good. I was feeling so much better by the 5th I could breath but my ears were just a little clogged.

I vacuumed and after I sat down to text my sister and my right ear began to ring. I figured it would go away eventually like it normally did. But it never did I went to the hospital 3 days later it was getting loud and never let up.

ER doctor said to quit taking the antibiotics some can cause ringing. I did and went to the doctor today she had no answers. I researched it myself since the doctor had no answers.

Apparently when you have a sinus infection your tubes can be affected. I'm taking Dayquil it was a suggestion by the ER doctor to relieve the pressure.

My concern is this will become permanent. I'm sill young and I have already had health issues previously in life. My liver was failing at the age of 18 I almost died and last year I overcame cancer.

Anyone have any advice. I know it's a lot to read but I'm pretty desperate at this time. Thanks in advance.

2. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Brendahtx86 -- Welcome to the forum, but sorry to hear about your situation. It appears the antibiotics may not have been the best choice for you. You may want to consider trying an apple cider vinegar approach that some on this board have used successfully.

THIS POST is by a guy on this forum who had really good success with ACV, using it both internally, and applying a diluted solution inside his ears. I've been meaning to start putting some in my ears as well, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Plus, I'm always a bit hesitant about putting anything in my ears. He used a 30% ACV dilution, so I might start out at about a 10% solution and test the waters with that. -- Another guy got good results from putting a mullein/garlic oil in his ears. Another thing to check out. -- Never ending list of things to check out it seems! :rolleyes:

I can't guarantee anything of course, but I would think you have a very good chance of recovering completely from your tinnitus once you get the infection cleared out. Regarding the ACV, you may want to check out THIS VIDEO on an ACV fasting drink. You may want to drink this, and try going anywhere from 16-20 hours without eating solid food. Fasting of all kinds has the potential to really ramp up your body's healing capabilities--and clear up your sinuses at the same time.

All the Best...

3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      What antibiotic were you given?

It's quite possible that your tinnitus is due to the infection itself, not the antibiotic. At any rate, you probably want to treat the infection and then there is a good chance that tinnitus will subside (but it can take a few weeks for that).