Tinnitus That Moved From Right Ear Over Brain to Left Ear and Disappeared

Discussion in 'Support' started by martin12, Sep 29, 2014.

1. martin12

martin12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/2014
      Very odd and unusual experience this weekend. The T in my right ear traveled over the top of my brain and into my left ear and then ringed very loudly in the left ear while the right ear was in complete silence.

Unfortunately the peace only lasted for a few minutes however i thought it was a miracle.

This tells me that T is with certainty something in the brain, perhaps due to brain damage of some sort (in my case head injury).

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    2. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      yes Martin.... i had noise in my head one night ,it was very loud and all over my head to the point that i actually could feel my nerves jumping all over my head(brain) i was petrified, i ended up in the ER and was having anxiety and panic attack i guess on top of it, they gave me benydryl for some strange reason??? and it had to be flushed out because i had a reaction to it that made my heart rate go real high and felt like i was going to pass out.. but i could actually feel it moving all over my head...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Dustydom

Dustydom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      My Tinnitus has started waking me up at night now, and it feels like a loud multi tonal noise in my brain. I get up and walk around for a bit and it settles back into it's normal state. I guess if it happens, start moving around, do something, don't just listen to it.

I know it's easier said than done.

4. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      I actually had similar experience yesterday. While I was working on the computer the T moved over from left to right and the faded away and went back to baseline. I wish i would now how to tell the brain to stop.

5. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Here are my MRI findings. In short optic nerve is acting up and pressure due to fluid around brain, but brain looks healthy.

BRAIN:

There is bilateral distention of the optic nerve sheaths, with
      flattening of the posterior globes and bulging of the optic nerve
      heads, suggestive of papilledema and elevated intracranial pressure.
      There is also an expanded, partially empty sella. Meckel's caves
      appear slightly prominent.

Brain parenchyma appears normal. No mass lesion, abnormal
      enhancement, infarction or hemorrhage is identified.

Ventricles are normal in size.

Paranasal sinuses and mastoid air cells appear clear.

IACs:

Posterior Fossa:
      Brainstem and cerebellum appear unremarkable. No cerebello-pontine
      angle cistern mass.

A vascular loop of the right anterior inferior cerebellar artery
      slightly enters the right porous acusticus.

A vascular loop of the left superior cerebellar artery abuts the
      medial cisternal segment of the left trigeminal nerve near the root
      entry zone.

Temporal Bones:
      Seventh and eighth nerve complexes appear unremarkable, without
      evidence of mass. Otic capsule structures appear normal in signal.
      Mastoid signal within normal limits. No other temporal bone signal
      abnormality is identified.

6. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Yep, was in a store and for 5 seconds all T was gone just enough time for me to notice the blissful silence.
      But have kind of the brain wave experience with it. When we were in another part of the store I heard a buzzing that was bothering me, was with my daughter she could not hear it. Just dropped a bottle and now a spike, geez!

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      martin12

martin12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/2014

Yep mine also happened when i was on the computer. How strange!!

8. rtwombly
      Bookworm

rtwombly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My worst week started when I rolled over in bed to hug my wife and my tinnitus dropped from my right ear into my left. It was kind of novel to have quiet on the right, but it freaked me out at the time. I've had more central noises since, but still mostly on the right.

I recently found that my (mild) hyperacusis is exclusive to the right ear. If I plug my right ear while doing the dishes, for instance, clanging plates together doesn't bother me. I think the whole disorder - tinnitus and hyperacusis - is a fault in the part of the brain that turns down background noise. Evidently I have that problem mostly in the nerves on the right side, but occasionally it migrates up the path to where nerves from both ears come together.

9. Floyd Mayweather
      Bored

Floyd Mayweather Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure or an ear infection, or maybe a combination :(
      While I was doing pushups, in the middle of it I stopped and covered my ears to try listen to how loud my Tinnitus was and then there was pure silence. When I was finished doing pushups, I had about 6 or 7 mins of pure silence then it came back :(
      Probably blood pressure has an affect on how loud Tinnitus is...

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    10. Worker

Worker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      lots going on at the time
      THIS HAPPENS TO ME EVERY DAY. MY TINNITUS IS IN MY LEFT EAR BUT IF I PRESS ON MY BOTTOM LOWER RIGHT TEETH OR TILT MY HEAD OR WRIGGLE MY JAW IT GOES INTO MY RIGHT EAR AND WHEN I RELEASE IT GOES BACK TO MY LEFT EAR. SCAREY

11. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      Yes, this just happened to me about an hour ago. My right ear is the "bad" one and I was at the store and suddenly my left ear flared up and took over. My right ear stopped ringing and back to 'normal' after like 30 minutes.

12. hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress, hearing loss, sinus infections, ... ?
      Strange, also happens to me, I had a new episode of T since two years in the right ear, and now it seems to move to the left when I open my jaw. Also I wonder how it is possible that when I put fingers in both my ears this particular T is gone until I remove the fingers and pression from ears while my older noise induced hissing T remains ? Can it be of some liquid or issue inside the ears ? Really strange how the sound can move to the left ear when I open my jaw.