Tinnitus Thoughts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Alan56, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Alan56

Alan56 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all,
      I've had T for a very long time now. Its a hissing roaring noise in my head and ears. It never goes away. Its so hard and gets me really down at times. I sleep with a large fan blowing on my head. It helps me drowned out the noise I'm hearing. I feel trapped inside of my body. The noise won't stop. I have a small meningioma on the left side on top of my brain.

They say its non cancerous and should not be causing my T. But the strange part about this is when they found the meningioma I also started having the T problem and ear discomfort and fullness. Constant head cold.

My T started when I had a head cold and my ears clogged up and would not unclog or pop open.

Still today my ears stay on the verge of popping open but just wont. At one time I could actually feel the hairs in my ears moving around. Almost like a magnet was pulling on them and moving them.. Ear pressure also tight and then releasing.

I'm on medicine for blood pressure (enapril) and for diabeates (methformin) and high cholestrol (atorvastatin) and timolol for me eyes. I take medicine for anxiety that the T brings on and sleep medicine to help me sleep at night. I try lifting weights when I watch TV and have even tried riding a bicycle a long distance when the weather is good outside. I went to a class once with other people who have T. People have different severities of the noise they are hearing. Its so hard and this disease is terrible. I see different doctors and counselors to try and see if they can help and for guidance.

But the noise is still there. Constant torture, day and night, never ending. Anxiety grips your life. I constantly hope this will go away but get told by people that it probably wont and I need to find ways to deal with it. I wish I knew how to do that. I wish I had the answer, but I don't. So I go on day by day dealing with the noise and just hoping for a miracle to be given to me and this noise going away. Would love to have peace and calm once again. At first I tried exercising, different pills on the market and they didn't work. I tried watching foods that i eat but that didn't work.

Not sure which direction to go or what to do. I just feel trapped.

Just hope I can hang on to my sanity and not let this get me completely down. I go on hoping and praying things will change and this noise will go away. I love life, just want this noise to go away. I know others out there understand what I'm going through and I would enjoy hearing from ya. Alan

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Alan ,
      Tinnitus is sure hard to cope with sometimes .
      I take Nortriptyline 50mg to help me sleep and it stopped my head tinnitus.
      I know my sever tinnitus wont go but was caused by Menieres and loss of hearing.
      I wear hearing aids to help.
      I have been supporting members for many years now and know how you feel .
      For some people tinnitus can go away but its all about finding what helps you cope with the sound and unwanted emotions to make life better for you.
      Tinnitus can lower your mood so do what you can to enjoy life and dont let low mood take you in to depression.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. Joel Waterman

Joel Waterman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones/speakers and/or water damage
      Alan,

Sorry you're having to deal with this. It's crazy when simply being able to enjoy silence becomes impossible.

I do something similar for sleep to you, and just sleep near my dehumidifier. Takes me a while to get to sleep so I compensate for that by setting aside a lot more time for sleep than I used to. I take melatonin when I'm just not able to get to sleep at all, and it normally gets me there within another hour or so.

It's hard to do, and I'm working on it every day, but the less we let T bother us and make us stress out, the more we can still enjoy the things we like to do. I've been working on just accepting that it's there(at least for the time being), keeping an eye out for anything that might help, and trying to react to it as little as possible. Much easier said than done and I still get stressed, angry, ext. pretty often, but the more I succeed the more it seems to help.

Hang in there man, and just cope the best you can. Same as you, I and am always hoping/praying for a cure, and who knows, maybe someday they'll figure something out. And some people's T does go away over time, so that's always a possibility.

Regards & best of wishes,

-Joel

P.S. myself and a lot of people have gotten/worsened T/hyperacusis by trying to syringue (flush out with water) their ears or having a doctor nurse do it. In case this ever comes up for you I reccomend not having it done, as there are safer ways to remove ear wax. Thought I'd mention that just in case.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alan56

Alan56 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for your replay. I appreciate it very much. Alan

• Like Like x 1