Tinnitus with and without Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dominic1955, May 25, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Dominic1955
      Depressed

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      Is there difference in habituation between tinnitus with hearing loss and tinnitus without hearing loss? Can anyone reply ?

2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Tinnitus with out hearing loss has a chance of going and with hearing loss it will most likely stay and for some people they will need hearing aids to cope and help take the edge off their tinnitus.
      As to who would habituate better ?
      I think it would be the same for both and depending on your threshold and how much you can tolerate and the impact it has on your life and if live on your own or had to give up work and the support you get.....lots of love glynis

3. Mdsouza

Mdsouza Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I do hv ear AIDS it really helped lessen my T. I do not get good sleep
      Due to noise at night can I hv any suggestion pls

4. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      If you have loud T and a lot of hearing loss then yeah it's pretty obvious, getting used to this is a nightmare, makes it hard if not impossible to mask or hear any kind of silence.