TMJ and Hearing Loss Research Paper

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Codaz, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Codaz

Codaz Member

While having quite some TMJ problems I developed a hearing loss 2 weeks ago. Since the ENT doesn't know anything about it when questioned I started looking. Don't know if it is temporary but let's hope this paper gives some people more insight.

Signs and Symptoms of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders Related to the Degree of Mouth Opening and Hearing Loss Panagiotis Kitsoulis1*, Aikaterini Marini2 , Kalliopi Iliou3 , Vasiliki Galani4 , Aristides Zimpis5 , Panagiotis Kanavaros6 and Georgios Paraskevas - 2011

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3117795/pdf/1472-6815-11-5.pdf

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      I have TMJ from grinding my teeth, it is awful.

• Like Like x 1
    3. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      I was diagnosed with bruxism. I wonder if I teeth grind or it's the fact I only chew with one side.

4. hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress, hearing loss, sinus infections, ... ?
      Interesting! same here, I have bruxism and found that I have sleep apnea from it which is bad for my ears, when I don't grind I don't seem to have sleep apnea, but the bad is that it spikes my T in the morning when I do have it at night ... same happens when I play guitar (low volume!) but some tension in neck makes the T worse so maybe a relation. Again, stress seems to have a major impact on all of this (like in most pathologies)