Today

Discussion in 'Support' started by SueR, Dec 20, 2013.

1. SueR
      Disappointed

SueR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Today is my birthday. It's also Day 33 of living with H. Not much emphasis on "living". Today, I also go to the audiologist. I'm confident that she will recognize that I do indeed have H.

I'm not thrilled I have to share my birthday with the H beast, but I hope the audiologist will give me a gift... a plan to make the H beast smaller... even though I know that will take time, I hope I will look back on this day and say this is the day I was given the gift that started the shrinkage of H.

I'm not enjoying this season at all, my favorite time of year. I am hopeful for my future, but I'm struggling with the here and now. Two days ago, I had my first day w/o a headache. Then yesterday, I got payback... in spades. and I woke up with a headache today. I usually wake up feeling pretty good, and it goes downhill from there, but today I'm starting off on the wrong foot.

Thank you, TT, for the birthday wishes. I'm grateful for this site...I don't think know where I'd be without you. :)

2. Carlo
      Balanced

Carlo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      Happy birthday, Sue! It will take time maybe, but there is no reason you can't go better.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SueR
      Disappointed

SueR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      YAY! just bought myself a new birthday pressie - sound generators!

I'm relieved to know that I picked the right audiologist to see. If my son wasn't hearing impaired, I would probably still be looking for the right person. She knew just the audiologist I should contact. :)

Feeling hopeful! :)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SueR
      Disappointed

SueR Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      hmmm... So, just got my sound generators today. they let off a "sssshhhhhh" noise. but my left one is kinda crackly static now. I've had them in for about 3 hours. I would think it is a low battery issue, but she put them in while I was there in her office. New package and everything.

Anyone have thoughts on this?