Took Prednisolone 80 mg — I Want It Out of My Body

Discussion in 'Support' started by lifeisover, Jul 2, 2018.

1. lifeisover

lifeisover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/ plane+music
      My doctor prescribed me 4 days of Prednisolone (80, 60, 40, 20 mg). I was hesitating taking it. I have no hearing loss but a clogged ear and tinnitus increase (probably from stress). I went to another doctor and he said I can take it but he didn't seem too interested in my medical history. However I am wary of cortisone side effects, last time I took it I had muscle issues.

I now took it (just now), and I am panicking, I want it out of my system, I am so scared I introduced more muscle damage to my body. What am I supposed to do now. My tinnitus feels worse. I can;t just stop taking it either, I need to taper it out. Please help....

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lifeisover

lifeisover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/ plane+music
      Please help, I can't take it anymore. I want this med out of me.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lifeisover

lifeisover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/ plane+music
      Help please. I dont know what to do

4. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      Relax..... you anxiety makes it worse...... I had prednisone a few times and everything came back to normal after I quit.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lifeisover

lifeisover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/ plane+music
      But did you have the joint pain after you took it

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lifeisover

lifeisover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/ plane+music
      I decided to stoptaking it after the first dosis, in no way will I take 3 more days.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lifeisover

lifeisover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/ plane+music
      I am so scared it will mess me up more mentally

8. lena_

lena_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      no need to worry, it is not that much what you got and your doctor prescribed it so i guess he knows about your med history, etc etc
      i took 100mg each day for five days and was totally fine, my t got milder, the difference was totally worth it.
      no side effects, the drug leaves your body soon after you stop taking it

9. Anselmo

Anselmo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/14
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin
      @lifeisover: Well that is too high a dose to begin with. And he should have spread it out for a longer period of time. And like RicoS said, stop taking it, and you will be fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lifeisover

lifeisover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/ plane+music
      Why is it too high, the doctor said it would be normal for a short-term treatment. I am suffein really badly now, i dont know what to do.

11. TLion

TLion Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/loud concert
      Please relax. It won't do you want harm.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lifeisover

lifeisover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/ plane+music
      It made my tinnitus louder. My whole body feels destroyed, I will have to suffer the side effects and withdrawal

13. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Pred can induce anxiety, try to calm down. If this med bothers you don't take it. I always have allergies and at one point dr told me to take pred. I refused because, I know pred can induce anxiety and I didn't want any part of it.

14. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      You are very anxious, which is causing your limbic system to react — thus your tinnitus is louder.

Steroids take a while to fully exit the body. Calm down, give it some time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lifeisover

lifeisover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/ plane+music
      How muich time?

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lifeisover

lifeisover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/ plane+music

He does nto know about my med history, doctors here don't really care they just brush you off. I told him that I had taken lots of cortisone a couiple months ago, but always as short-term doses. It made me feel really bad and I feel like I have lasting muscle damage from it. The doctor didn't care and said this is a stadnard taper for tinnitus. It was my decision in the end whether I woiuld take the cortisone or not. I made a bad decision. Living with the anxiety about this med is not worth a small chance of tinnitus becoming quieter.
      I went to another doc this morning to ask if I can immediately quit it and he said yes. For short term prescriptions up to 2 weeks there is no need to taper. BUT WHAT ABOUT ALL THE CORTISONE THAT I TOOK MONTHS AGO? Doesn't that one count, and make my usage "long-term"? I am so worried because I don't trust doctors whatsoever. He said Iwill have zero effects from having taken these 80mg once. even if I had taken some cortisone a few months ago. He said at worst it will clear some inflammation/ reduce tinnitus.

But the worst part is my tinnitus actually incrwased and now I have to deal with the anxiety of this med having destroyed my muscle functions permanently. I also feel extremely groggy at the moment. I am trying tdespecratey to stay calm because I know my ears get cloffed fast when I get upset and the tinnitus increases too. I really need more help,

17. dingaling
      Asleep

dingaling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably loud music
      You need help (e.g. CBT, mindfulness) to reduce your anxiety.

Your anxiety is high right now and isn't doing you good. You need to stop worrying about "what if" scenarios as these just increase stress cycles

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lifeisover

lifeisover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/ plane+music
      I feel like the tinnitus actually increased

19. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Stress/anxiety can increase the tinnitus or give spikes. Pred can cause stress/anxiety.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lifeisover

lifeisover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/ plane+music
      How long until I can be sure this drug is out and will not have harmed me??? I took 80mg 6 hours ago

21. Tinker Bell

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      It’s going to take longer than six hours. After I took oral prednisone, I had to wait two weeks before I could have blood work done. So I would obviously give it more than six hours.

Ironically, I was just talking to someone who had to stop taking prednisone because it affected their blood pressure and lowered their blood sugar to dangerous levels. That could temporarily increase tinnitus, too. So maybe drink some water, eat something, and try to calm down.

I feel like bookmarking this thread for the next time someone flippantly recommends stocking up on prednisone to take for any noise exposure. It’s not candy.

• Like Like x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lifeisover

lifeisover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/ plane+music
      I feel horrible now despite what the doctor said I should NOT have taken it. I'd rather live with tinitus than this worry. I want to die so badly now I don't know how to handle this.

23. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @life is over,
      You will be fine so don't worry.
      Sleep it off and tomorrow is a new day.
      I have had many steroids in my life due to asthma and one dose will be fine.
      I now take daily inhaler steroids.
      love glynis x

24. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @life is over,
      love glynis x

25. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @life is over,
      love glynis x

26. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @life is over,
      love glynis x

• Agree Agree x 2
    27. lena_

lena_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      - short term pred does not need tappering, i had 5×100 without tapering
      - what you took mnoths ago already left your body; what you got now is a short therapy
      - my tinnitus got much better about 2 days after the last pill
      - i don't know your story, in my case doctor wanted to treat the inflammation
      i am not someone who would take medicine like candy, i hardly took any in my life, in fact this prednisolone, some antibiotic but not many, some allergy meds is all i ever took in my entire life, i read quite a lot about it but it is something which can help tinnitus in the early stages and in my case it really did. it wasn't pleasant, i was sweaty and not quite myself but it was really not that big of a deal. of course i'd always talk with a doctor about taking it/...and if really needed it...
      if your tinnitus onset is new etc. it might make sense to take it as prescribed... 5 days can't do any harm...
      i did drink a lot of water and ate healthy the week i took it... you should not be around sick people etc. when you take it; i did sleep/rest a lot, took long walks and the week was soon over,
      good luck either way!!

28. Tinker Bell

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      You have had similar reactions in the past according to your posting history. Anxiety seems to be the common denominator. It is far more likely that your anxious state and not the prednisone itself is causing increased tinnitus.

How did those past experiences resolve? Did anything specific help you manage your anxiety?

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      lifeisover

lifeisover Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/ plane+music
      It didnt' really resolve but I was in an environment where I was safe and planning to tackle the anxiety. but 2 weeks ago everything went to hell becasue of a person. Since then Im stuggling with anxiety attacks, tingling head, increased tinnitus. i should not have gone to the ent who prescribed me the cortisone, I have no hearing loss and the clogged ear feeling resolved itself when i had calmed down. now i have the prednisolone to worry about and it afffects me horriblty. how can i escape from this nightmare.

30. Tinker Bell

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      By better managing your anxiety. Do you have a therapist?