Totally Insane

Discussion in 'Support' started by I who love music, Jan 5, 2014.

1. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      By age 12 I'd already been exposed to a lot of music that was too loud. But when I reached teen age, I began playing music that was too loud. Of course, in the early 70's, good rock concerts were 5 or 7 bucks to attend. I'm talking about Queen, Kiss, Humble Pie, Aerosmith, Uriah Heep, Alice Coopeer, J. Geils Band, Jethro Tull etc... Inside concerts, outside, local dances, garage bands, headphones, music stores.. on and on for years. And after every single blast I thought the ear ringing would go away. WHAT WAS I THINKING? They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results.
      For the young folks here, there's a lesson. Tinnitus is like alcoholism. I may quit the loud music for 5 or 10 years, but when exposed again to high volume, it picks up right where it left off. After 40 years, that's one thing I know for sure.

2. Hendre Vlad
      Haunting

Hendre Vlad Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medicine , noise induced.
      Thast why I wear ear plugs to rock concerts :D , and in the club . But hey..those where nice bands,still are some of them.

3. Smoogle
      Wishful

Smoogle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      I was always careful around sound my entire life, and still got T from a Nintendo DS.

Sometimes you just can't be careful enough... :oops:

4. Boxdra

Boxdra Member

Picks up where it left off? Did it het less and worse again?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      When it's subsided, or I've habituated, a blast of noise brings it right back where it left off.

6. Boxdra

Boxdra Member

Yeah I think even when its getting lower, you should always get those earplugs in.