Treatments for Migraine Induced Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Lauren Morse, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Lauren Morse
      Cowabunga

Lauren Morse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic Trauma/Migraines
      So after all these months I finally was diagnosed with inner ear-related migraines (most likely blood vessel spasms in the tiny vessels in my ears. This is not MAV but a different kind of migraine which may exclusively produce hearing loss, tinnitus, and ear pain; in my case though I can get vertigo, tingly feelings, headaches, and other common migraine symptoms.

My migraine triggers are pretty much any loud noise above 80 db (even my own voice can do it), middle or outer ear pressure changes, and postural movements involving the head or neck.

I have just started Amitriptyline along with abundant amounts of supplements and vitamins to help my body heal itself. I am also starting the infamous migraine diet albeit I do not know how much it could help me.
      I have also discovered that my blood pressure is low-normal, and that I may well have reduced blood flow in my head due to a forward head posture and a previous neck strain, which may contribute to catalyzing the migraines. I may receive therapy for this, but I am still unsure of what to do.

Migraine suffers, do you have any idea of how to prevent these triggers from setting me off? Loud noise has become inevitable, and eventually I will need to strain and move my body more for gardening work.

2. Abbygirl

Abbygirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started right after onset of vertigo
      Wow a lot of what you describe sounds like my symptoms as well. I also get dizzy feelings and become off balance in between my episodes of migraines and vertigo. I also have some degenerative disc disease in my neck. If I turn my head or bend my head (not all the time but a lot) then I get these weird dizzy feelings almost feel like the start of vertigo then it stops. But the tinnitus is constant and loud. I tried Amitriptylin but had side effects. Tried many drugs actually. My neurologist suggested Botox for the migraines and neck pain. Will see what happens. I wish I had answers too.

3. Coyotesheaven
      Depressed

Coyotesheaven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple
      @Abbygirl

How is botox supposed to work (generally I understand, but for the neck specifically)? I have contemplated this too. Although now it's not migraines I have but lyme toxins that are causing my muscles to tighten up ridiculously. So until the germs get cleaned out, I don't think I could do this treatment :/.

4. Michael Larsen
      Surfing

Michael Larsen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice