Uh Oh Big Spike, It Was the Sugar, Right?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Isabella 123, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Isabella 123
      Curious

Isabella 123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably traumatic noise event
      Treated myself to a ridiculously huge bowl of ice cream as a reward for myself for something..... Now got this big t spike going on. I'm betting it was the sugar...!?!? Ya' think? Or what?

2. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      It may or may not be the cause. You the the best person to know what affects your T. Some people can eat everything and do anything yet their T is unaffected. On the other hand someone's T is very sensitive to sugar,salt,spices,MSG and so on. If you suspect, cut back on sugar and check if it goes back to baseline. And have it again to see what happens. You may never come to know what affects it because there are so many factors involved. But don't forget to enjoy life because of T. If you feel like having an ice cream, have it. If your T spikes, so be it. It will go back to where it belongs. Just keep things in moderation.. All the best :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Isabella 123
      Curious

Isabella 123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably traumatic noise event
      Yeah I enjoyed it for sure. It's back down today. I agree we need to emjoy life and ignore the spikes! :)

4. Paul Burdett

Paul Burdett Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      How long after eating sugar does the T spike? I'm 18 months in with T and cut out sugar almost completely a month or so after getting T...lost 8 Kg in weight...so now I'm 64Kg which I'm happy with...nice flat belly! Yesterday I had Teppanyaki for lunch and my T got louder by the time I left the restaurant...it wasn't noisy there by the way.
      I decided that if it was louder than I might as well have some jelly beans as I still feel like sweets sometimes but usually don't buy them. I ate the whole packet...150gms...cvontaining roughly 60 gms of sugar in total. By the time I got home the T had reduced a lot! I thought...ok...maybe the sugar hasn't caused the T to be worse. last night I took a Valerian for the first time, as I sometimes take a Restavit or Phenergan pill to ensure a good sleep. I went to bed at 9pm last night and woke at 1.35 with screeming T. Managed to get back to sleep eventually but woke again off and on until 4.30 when the alarm goes off. So here I am...typing this and wondering how long after eating sugar does the spike happen. I would have thought quite soon after the sugar, but it seems (in this case) it was around 12 hours. Any thoughts/advice welcome.

5. Andersson
      Worried

Andersson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Sugar does not effect my t at allm we are all different :)

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Sounds like a sugar overload is a trigger for you and over time you will tell.....lots of love glynis