Ultra Loud Tinnitus Following a Night Out

Discussion in 'Support' started by Natalie Roberts, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      last night we went to Dave and Buster's. Obviously I knew it was going to be really loud in there so I wore my etyomatic plugs before we even got in. I also drank 3 1/2 beers which is unlike me. It was SO loud in there that I swapped to foam plugs. We were there a few hours. My tinnitus was raging when we got home.. I mean the whole room was filled with my t. Anyway I managed to fall asleep and this am it is still louder then normal. My question is , is this typical under these circumstances and do you think it will back down? I had ear protection in the whole time.. Maybe it's from the alcohol? Feeling discouraged here.

2. matt89
      Studious

matt89 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Would say typical. Was out last night as well in a loud bar (with earplugs). Had some beers as well.
      Afterwards I had a T musical, loud and annoying. Without the beers I wouldn't have fallen into sleep.
      Next morning everything's fine, because my T resets during the night...

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My T generally resets during the night as well but sometimes I have noticed increased t the next morning following certain situations the night before. The t last night was so loud I pretty much swore off drinking that much or going to a place like that again which sucks because honestly it was a lot of fun!

4. matt89
      Studious

matt89 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Maybe it has something to do with the amount of alcohol. Had four beers (0,2 litres), not that much.
      Since I got T I'm not drinking much alcohol and pay more attention to the amount of alcohol I'm drinking.
      It individually depends how a body deals with alcohol and its degradation.
      Maybe you have to take into account that you were pregant and your body didn't have alcohol for a long time. Could be a reason for a louder T that your body needs to get used again to higher amounts of alcohol.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      How do you guys communicate in those loud bars when wearing earplugs? The occlusion effect makes my voice boom in my head whenever i raise my voice. Went out a couple of months back to a blues bar (no live music) with plugs and had a weird spike afterwards so i just added 1+1 and stick to quietish coffee bars for the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. matt89
      Studious

matt89 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You need earplugs with a filter. Then you still hear conversations clearly and know how loud your voice is to others.

Can recommend the following:
      http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-PartyPlug-Plugs-Music-Environments/dp/B00REB9VTO/

7. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      I got those, among others. Don't really like the alpine ones for their fit (subjective). Will have some molded ones made soon, supposedly they cancel out the effect better.
      Still not too keen on loudish bars after six months with T..

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I use the ones with a filter like the etyomatic so I can still hear regular conversations. But honestly it was so loud in there I swapped to foam plugs and there wasn't much taking going on.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You're probably right. I rarely drink more then a beer or glass of wine at any given time and my t sometimes reacts to even just that minimal amount of alcohol. Bummer .

10. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      I had a beer Wednesday night and it was much louder in which I couldn't sleep and it went on the whole day. It's still a little loud. But I might have a reaction to wheat, maybe you do too. I'm going to try wine in a month. Baby steps . I pray yours gets better today! I love Dave and busters @Natalie Roberts

• Like Like x 1
    11. Beessie
      Relaxed

Beessie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      21-01-2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? + badluck? Clubbing? IDK!
      Probably just focus and anxiety? I am back to it for a week now!! Also after a good night out:).

Give it time to settle down, and try to relax. Maybe take a good bath or go to some nice place you can relax.

Focus and anxiety really makes my T louder. You are probally measuring your T level to much at the moment, just a normal reaction. Once you won't focus anymore (very hard) your T level will decrease. I am sure of that:)!

Best to you all.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. Paul82
      Balanced

Paul82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection / Stress
    13. NineNails

NineNails Member

Sleep deprivation and loud venues make my T explode for hours and days. So I avoid the latter completely, and sleep eludes me in general.. there you go, T sucks.

Wine is fine though.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think you're right. I went about my day and it for much lower. But I know with that reaction I probably won't be drinking that amount of alcohol again anytime soon because it was awful.

• Like Like x 1
    15. Mr-T

Mr-T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Over exposure to loud music
      The ACS moulded ear plugs are good, they have filters up to 27db reduction.

I'm a musician, today I was working for around 3 - 4 hours with ear plugs in. I always find my T is louder after a day like this, even though I've protected my ears. I panicked at first but I'm beginning to believe that it's simply your ears straining to hear, when you put ear plugs in, which increases the level of T. Mine usually settles down the next day again.

• Like Like x 1
    16. Mr-T

Mr-T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Over exposure to loud music
      I'm sure too much alcohol will effect T on its own, even without the loud music! Alcohol puts physical stress on your body as well if you drink too much, dehydration, raised body temperature, head ache, which leads to mental stress etc - all affects T. Like anything I guess - 'in moderation' is probably fine.

• Like Like x 1