Update from the Non-Pregnant Lady

Discussion in 'Support' started by zombiechick, Oct 12, 2016.

1. zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      Welp, my son is a little over five months old. He's an amazing little boy, full of smiles and excitement. Although my labor was intense and scary, I have a beautiful baby.

My tinnitus is still loud but only slightly lower. When my son needs me, I don't have time to think about it too often. I am mostly upset because I don't want it to get so unbearable that life would be impossible to enjoy. I look at his blue eyes and his need to have me near and I would do anything to make sure I'm always there for him. He needs me. My husband needs me and I don't want this to steal them from me. My tinnitus took me down some dark thoughts while I pregnant and I can't/don't want to go back there.

I want to know what everyone else does when the fear of this getting worse overwhelms them? Do you think you would over come it drowning out your thoughts and make a comeback?

Here's a picture of my little man. His name is Faine (it means joyous).
      IMG_20161010_010936.jpg

• Like Like x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      IMG-20160912-WA0003.jpg Aww zombilechick hes a little ray of sunshine and tinnitus won't stand achance against him.
      Make sure you sleep and eat well and try get out to some mother and baby clubs. He's gorgious.
      I have my little grandson 2-3 times a week picking him up from the school nursery and having him every school holliday now and sleeps over loads.
      He's definatly a great tinnitus masker as never shuts up talking....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      @glynis he is so handsome! They really do take your mind off of it. I've had mine screeching over everything but his smile pulls me out of the darkness. They need you and it's all I think about :cat:

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Good luck with your new kid @zombiechick

I hope he becomes like this :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    5. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Have two beautiful babies, we will find treatments moving forward, that's how I get through the bad days. Only way to think about it. Then having known the meaning of true suffering we will be invincible :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Seeing this makes me so happy. Awww, you guys are wonderful mothers/grandparents/parents in general. I hope both you and your family are doing well.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      @zombiechick ,
      Faine is adorable! I love five month old babies! They smile and laugh (unlike younger babies) and they stay where you put them (unlike older babies).
      I don't dwell on the possibility that things could get worse. Things could also get better! Having someone who needs you can bring really make you strong!

• Hug Hug x 1