Valium

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amelia, Aug 5, 2014.

1. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Your T has a greater psychological component and Valium has relieved your anxiety hence your tinnitus is greatly reduced.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Hawaiian boy

Hawaiian boy Guest

Valiumn is a benzodiazapine, and is most addictive. I would caution anyone on these drugs to be aware of this fact.

3. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      @Larry OT @dan
      In the beginning of T onset, I got Valium infusions and my T was reduced a lot.
      I think it is the Valium that calms the brain nerves. I also took Obipramol for some days (a long-term anti-anxiety med) and my T was reduced. I also asked myself if it was lower anxiety or the med. I think it is the med doing this. But I also think if we have no more anxiety because of T and we no longer care, the volume gets reduced or at least the perception.

4. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Seems pretty much that any med that reduces your anxiety also reduces your tinnitus so what does that tell you ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      @dan
      Yes, that's the master question. But I don't think it is that easy: No more anxiety, no more T.
      I think that meds act on particular anxiety parts/limbic system of the brain. I think, RTG does this, too.
      But who knows? We all hope for the better and maybe I can tell in the future that my anxiety kept up the high volume of T. At the moment I am sitting here relatively relaxed with little anxiety (which can change within a second), but my T is there like always.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I can only speak for myself here, but last year I took benzo (lorazepam) for only three DAYS, and in that very short time, my brain loved it and became hooked. Even after 3 days my Gp weaned me off, and I had the worst possible anxiety attacks. I couldn't even go outside! No, for me, never again.

Just three days is all it takes....

7. Larry OT
      No Mood

Larry OT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Volume, meds and motorcycles
      I know its a bad idea.
      My anxiety is overwhelming. Every day. I can't control it without the meds.
      It's not even from the T which is lower. It's my mental state of ongoing confusion and depression and loss of my work in audio. I've become useless.
      It's too much.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Larry both sides of the same coin. As I posted earlier I take Valium and it helps me. I do not care about being hooked on it. As far as I am concerned if it helps I am taking it. If/when my T goes away then I'll wean off or go to a rehab center or whatever, but for now it is helping me a lot, and I am not concerned one bit about addiction.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. Larry OT
      No Mood

Larry OT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Volume, meds and motorcycles
      Gary,
      Have you increased dosage over time?
      How much do u take?

10. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      No increase, I have been taking 10mg 3X a day for 10 years.

11. Michael Howard

Michael Howard Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have decided to try a daily dose of Valium to see if it relieves my Tinnitus. At this point the ENT hasn't recommended anything so I guess that I am on my own. Wish me luck.

12. Carm

Carm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      Do tell us if it does relieve your tinnitus. Be careful with tolerance related to long-term use.
      Best luck.

13. Florida John

Florida John Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise, and possible head trauma
      how are you making out with the 4 Valium per week? still at that dose?,,,just wondering at what point, or crossing line there is with minimum beno use? I know addiction is the big problem, but how is it for the casual user? anyone with the knowledge please advise