Vertigo! Emergency

Discussion in 'Support' started by Larry OT, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Larry OT
      No Mood

Larry OT Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Volume, meds and motorcycles
      after walking I am experiencing dizziness / vertigo. I sit down, it goes away.
      Any head movement make me dizzy. I am supposed to fly tomorrow for 5 hours.
      Any remedies ? Medications?
      This has happened before but it got much worse past few days.

Urgent !

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Are your ears plugged Larry? Or could it be from meds?

3. Marcini
      Dreaming

Marcini Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      I had it back in early 2011 and went to the doctors who were completely clueless. There is something called the Epley maneuver which I found very useful. There are many videos of how to do it yourself on YouTube. Here is one of those videos:

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No ears plugged. I tired a maneuver like that and got real bad.
      IT maybe from that I stopped taking a med Abilify. Not sure.
      Ant head movement makes me dizzy.
      FUCK ! I'm supposed to go on vacation w my family tomorrow.

5. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah I sounds like the meds...See what happens when you take them again. I bet it will go away.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Telis
      I can't take that one again. Other side effects were bad. Thanks for concern.
      I'm gonna pray tomorrow I feel up to going. I have other meds to help me cope.
      What a fucked up life.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anyone travel with bad tinnitus?
      Am I nuts for even going?
      I have such bad days with T on my fluctuations I'm worried to be away from home.
      but I don't want T to win.

8. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Sorry Larry...hang in there. I will pray for you as well. Best heartfelt wishes.

9. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Is this the one you tried?

Vertigo Treatment - How To Treat Vertigo

The doctor states that it sometimes takes 4 - 5 repetitions and that it's best to take a 15 minute break between each attempt.

You can click on the top portion of the vid which will take you to the youtube site for it. Then you can scroll down to read the reviews of some of the people that this has helped.

Good Luck!

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @jimH
      Thanks. I'll try.

11. MichaelM
      Chatty

MichaelM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mild since ´90 ´s. severe ->2013 on
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere´s Disease/acoustic trauma?
      Hi there.
      It´s important to separate dizziness and lightheadednesss from vertigo. Then there´s
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benign_paroxysmal_positional_vertigo

Vertigo is when the world is spinning around you or you feel like moving while you are not...
      Vertigo is a bit more serious business than the other two i mentioned since it´s almost every time an inner ear issue.

If your balance problems continue please contact a doctor.
      Here´s a great amount of information
      http://vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorder/types-vestibular-disorders

12. I have a bad attack this morning, I will try that idea in the YouTube Video thanks for posting it @Marcini

13. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      The method that I posted from Youtube is for Vertigo only. The key symptom of which is a feeling that the room is spinning. Also, after reading the reviews of people that have tried it, it doesn't help people with Meniere's Disease.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you all for the support.
      I'm not sure what it is.
      It may be part of my brain fog from depression and anxiety.
      When I walk around it starts up after a period of time, or if I move my head too fast. I get dizzy and sick.
      When I sit still it clears up after a while.

Anyway, I'm on the plane awaiting take off. My T is 4/10 which is helpful.

I wish I felt better in my mind.
      I hope this trip isn't a mistake.
      It's good to be with my family. I'm just frightened for my conditions.

I'm surround by infants crying.

It took a lot of courage to get this far.

Wish me luck and your prayers.
      Thank you

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Larry OT

Glad to hear that you got to the airport and are taking your vacation with family. Surely will be a big boost to you mentally and physically. Please let us know how you get on. Thinking of you and worried about you.
      Where is Max your dog spending his vacation while mum and dad are away?

16. Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

If is available in your country: Arlevert (cinnarizine + dimenhidrate...is an ingredient of travellers chewing-gum). Is simptomatic without need prescription. Stugerone (only cinnarizine). This meds are indicated for travellers Who suffer of sea disease. These act immediatl suppressing the wrong signals coming from labirynth.
      Hoping to be helpful
      Best wishes

P.s WARNING: IN SOME CASE THIS DRUG CAN TREAT TINNITUS...SEE ON THE LEAFLET....INDICATIONS....RINGING IN THE EARS :)))

• Useful Useful x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @amandine
      Max is with buddies in our town. Friends of ours with dogs are taking care of him.

Thank too for the support. I'm hoping for the same boost.

We are awaiting take off. Delayed.
      Surrounded by screaming babies.
      A dose of Valium helping so far.

18. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Larry OT
      It sure did! What you're doing is being a "Heroic Dad." Willing to suffer what you're going through in order not to disappoint your family.....(y)

19. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Larry OT

What @jimH says is absolutely spot on!
      If I had been blessed with a dad who had shown a quarter of the feeling and loyalty for his ie my family as you have and are showing for yours, well things would have a lot different to say the least.
      Wishing you a great flight and trip.
      Dont forget the holiday pressie for Max.........he will have missed you too!

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks everyone.
      I'm not doing so well. Loud T and depression. Showing as good a face as possible.
      Please send your best wishes and prayers. I'm worried.
      Thank you

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    21. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Larry,

Sending thoughts and prayers your way. I know what that awful dizziness/vertigo feels like; I had it, too, for quite awhile. Haven't had an episode in several months. I truly hope yours goes away soon, along with the loud tinnitus.

Have you tried taking niacin? It has seemed to help me a bit with tinnitus loudness.

Take care, and I will hope that your tinnitus settles down soon.

• Like Like x 2
    22. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Larry OT

Just sending out a word here to you - wondering how you are getting along now?
      Hopefully you are feeling better and enjoying being with family on holiday.
      Maybe missing Max a bit too?
      Please send a post and let us know how you are? Hope the plane was not too delayed for you.
      Thinking of you............know it is a big chance you took going on this trip.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    23. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I agree with Amandine. You were very brave to make that trip, and I hope you were able to have a good time. Please do let us know how you're doing when you have a chance.

• Agree Agree x 3
    24. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      I've tried Cinnarizine 3 times ,didn't work for me ,also sea sickness tabs ,even Serc tabs Stemetil ,I'm all out what to try ,be interesting if Larrys tried them ,maybe if not this will just be what he needs .Sad he's having it so bad ,but he's trying everything to get things going for his family ,doing more than I could have done ,take my hat off to him .
      Hope he lets us know how he is .maybe change of scenery will give him a boost,that can bring benifits on its own .

• Like Like x 1
    25. Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

i agree. it was the same for my father. Then he found a combination of Cinnarizine + Dimenhydrinate named Arlevert or Arlevertan (depending by country) who finally work. He took 3 pills for day with full stomach.
      There are some papers in literature, of course, unfortunately, does not apply to all, but the success must be considered.
      i post comparative work about how and how much work a single molecule and fixed combination of both.

Results are important

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10753423/

http://www.tinnitusjournal.com/detalhe_artigo.asp?id=261

http://www.tinnitusjournal.com/detalhe_artigo.asp?id=192

Hoping could work for you

p.s. Cinnarizine many times was given to a low dose of 25mg... after many years (stugerone is an old molecule of 1957 if i'm not wrong) the doctors gave 100mg 2 time at day, morning and evening with success. Then it became a drug called Toliman 100mg!

Best wishes

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Larry OT
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you friends.
      I am not well. My mind is lost most of the day in a haze of confusion and a loss of focus. I fear having to leave my family and fly back alone for psych help in hospital.
      I keep taking Valium and pain meds to steady myself and keep the T manageable.
      It's no solution. My mind has been terribly altered by T and probably all the meds and antidepressants I have been on and off as I have not tolerated them except for remeron for sleep.

I wish I had good news. I am devastated. I don't even see my family as myself. I don't know who that is most times.
      I am hanging by threads at times. Except now having just dosed up and not caring about much except my fears for tomorrow.

My gratitude to all of you who's support has been a blessing.
      Maybe tomorrow will be brighter and less fogged, maybe I will be booking a flight to go to hospital for evaluation.
      I wish I had more power to control myself and my thoughts.

Bless you all and stay strong.

• Hug Hug x 3
    27. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      @Larry OT

So sorry to hear that things are difficult for you on this trip. Please try to hang on in there. Dose up with meds if that is what is needed.......you only just got there and it has all been a helluva strain. Try to relax enough to sleep well and stay there tomorrow if you can. You are so lucky to have your family and this is who you are........god willing you will find the strength to be there with them tomorrow.
      Thinking of you ........

28. Viking
      No Mood

Viking Member Benefactor

Believe me I will not "provoke" but when I read that to use Valium (which my father used to ... and he was sick) in order to manage your aberrant situation....and you stay sick. I'm a " unaware victim" like you of the "easy prescription" of SSRI and Clonazepam who has worst the situation, for the management of our "simple" symptoms! Only one thing was useful the ssri: I had more time to stay in bed thinking how to kill the doctors o_O:rockingbanana: (on the leaflet on ads and benzos...over the warning of the increase risk of suicide...i would add RISK OF MURDER FOR THE DOCTORS!!!:D

I tried to give you that advice, because I'm not a doctor, but simply because I realize the tremendous discomfort. Sometimes it worked. Help sleep and improve symptoms. You do well to go to the hospital, I hope and pray that will not give you the usual easy prescription of crap, considering you an anxious or "crazy" person.

i will pray for you

• Like Like x 1
    29. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Viking ,sorry how it was posted ,I'm sat all bunged up. Sinuses painful,head pinched up .Never gets any better hey .
      Not been on TT proper for few days ,so catching up a bit ,see a charmer on here with a cure Samantha ,ATEOS set that one straight .There are some very sad people in this world ,who got nothing in there lives other than troll these sites ,mentally got to have something wrong with them .beggars belief .Did you see it ?
      Oh well He/She will get Karma returned to IT ,sooner or later we can live in hope to that
      Best wishes to you and your family Viking,let's hope 2015 will bring forth something new to us sufferers ,a breakthrough .

• Hug Hug x 2
    30. Magpie
      Sporty

Magpie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/1999
      Larry OT wrote:
      No ears plugged. I tired a maneuver like that and got real bad.
      IT maybe from that I stopped taking a med Abilify. Not sure.
      Ant head movement makes me dizzy.
      FUCK ! I'm supposed to go on vacation w my family tomorrow.

Check the side effects of this drug and I suspect that like many antidepressants and anti psychotics you can't just stop cold turkey!
      You need to see your doctor rather than ask questions here.