Vibrating Bass Sound Is Causing Me to Have a Breakdown

Discussion in 'Support' started by Brett_angel, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Brett_angel

Brett_angel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hi all

I don't know if anyone has ever had a sound like this which has started up and is continuous. It literally feels like a vibrating bass speaker in my ear. I have had a multitude of tinnitus sounds going on for years and years which I have dealt with but this vibrating sound is making me truly crack. I won't go on for much longer.

This feels like the end and there is no one here who understands the sound it seems.

I'm not going to last much longer and when I say that I mean it.

• Hug Hug x 8
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Hi Brett, so how long has this bass sound been going on for now? And is it constant or does it every take a break?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brett_angel

Brett_angel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Over 2 weeks and it's constsbt

4. Jemina
      Caffeine

Jemina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity and probably cumulative noise exposure
      @Brett_angel

Don't give up! I have the same problem!

I know this sound is worse than "normal" T, but I'm sure it will get better!

I have noticed mine gets a lot worse if I panick or cry. And stress is bad.

That vibrating is probably the stapedius mucle.

While typing this, my right ear is having that spasm, it's continuous. I know it's frightening and very annoying but it's not dangerous...

Just try to stay calm!

5. RoeTaKa
      Creative

RoeTaKa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Somatic?
      Hey Brett, I don't know how loud your sound is or if it's even tonal but I have a similar situation going on.

I noticed I had something similar months ago, it unsettled me but I was dealing with heaps of anxiety at the time so it didn't even occur to me that it was tinnitus. Then I had a high pitch spike in June and I dealt with my anxiety a lot more, that's when I noticed it was a tinnitus problem. It bothered me for ages and I tried to ignore it, I just did healthy things and exercised, took supplements etc. Tried to relax. After a while I wasn't bothered by it so much, I was more bothered about my spike going down to a base level.

Then a week ago I went out drinking, probably put myself in above normal sound environments and the next day I was fine - no spikes. But I think the alcohol and unrest put me in a bad situation because over the next few days I was I couldn't relax a bit and the low pitch/rumble just felt like it was consuming me. I knew I needed to get back on the horse and do something about it, so I just carried on as I used to but try and get in more exercise and try to relax more with sounds to mask and make me feel calmer. Today my T is very soft and the low pitch/rumble is not bothering me.

I am fairly convinced though that it is largely a problem with anxiety, tension and possible even jaw trouble. Anxiety is known to create pressure and a feeling of noise in your brain too. Massaging the back of my neck helped me a lot the other day and I realized my muscles were made sore very easily. So I'm planning to start getting proper massages for my head, neck and shoulders and go from there. I'm thinking it'll help a lot. I'm also gonna buy a new chair to help my posture haha.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brett_angel

Brett_angel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Thanks for replying and I'm glad you have taken positive actions to help yourself. Doing exercise is always a great thing to do.

7. Vicki14
      Panicky

Vicki14 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      @Brett_angel I absolutely understand how tough it is to stay calm and focused when these new tones and sensations come to us, they’re frightening. I truly hope it settles for you soon. Please hang in there xx

8. RoeTaKa
      Creative

RoeTaKa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Somatic?
      I think the most problematic thing about a lower tone is it feels like you feel it (or something's going on and you actually are feeling it) but it's somewhat easily masked by some everyday sounds, so it makes it a lot harder to get accustomed to it and habituate. It doesn't just go over everything else, it just sits there and is unsettling. You have to approach it differently and find ways to be less distracted by it. But when you're in a quiet environment it just feels like it smothers you rather than pierces like higher tones, so it makes relaxing more difficult.

I'd also listen to bassier tones as well as high pitch ones when I would try to desensitize myself from the sound. Not sure if it helped but I think I felt a bit more at ease from it.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brett_angel

Brett_angel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Yes but where kind of sounds would they be ?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brett_angel

Brett_angel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      this is sending me over the edge. Weird that ive got very loud high pitched tinnitus as well for many years and overcome/lived wkith it but this is going to send me round the twist. As it sounds like a bass pounding, its a confusing sound as i keep thinking someone is playing music somewhere all the time. the reverberating sound is killing me.

11. RoeTaKa
      Creative

RoeTaKa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Somatic?
    12. Jemina
      Caffeine

Jemina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Are you sure you don't have pulsatile tinnitus? Is the sound synchonous with your heartbeat?

13. Jemina
      Caffeine

Jemina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      And another thing. I just figured out a weird trick to easen my own, abit similar symptoms...

If I wear earplugs, the bass like sound stays the same but the vibrations ease a little!

With ear myoclonus and hyperacusis, ear muscles become hypersensitive and overreact to sounds, causinh vibrating myoclonus spasms. So, if I block outside sounds with earplugs my regular T will sound louder, but it will reduce the muscle spasms.. weird, but helps... Mine is caused by patulous eustachian tubes so I'm not sure if this will be of any help, but...

• Funny Funny x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brett_angel

Brett_angel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      thanks alot . I will investigate this fully. Im at my wits end mentally.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brett_angel

Brett_angel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      hi. no, its not pulsatile for sure. its actually hard to describe...only to says its a reverberating, vibrating bass sound and actually continous. Varies according to background noise as well. Very confusing sound and keepo wondering if theres a noise elewhere when there isnt. it is always there but kind of varies in effect within own sound. So hard to descrive in that sense. Just driving me mad and make me feel so sick

16. RoeTaKa
      Creative

RoeTaKa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Somatic?
      I feel like that's sort of similar to what I have. I remember a few times when it seemed louder there were certain sounds that brought it out more. There was one occasion I was having a bath and sometimes I watch or listen to something during it, and I noticed that when I turned the device off the sound seemed to be less bothersome. I wonder if it's more to do with an emotional response to sounds and it's firing off in the brain. Recently that hasn't been a problem for me.

You might even have high blood pressure, would be a good idea to get a blood test done. Would partly explain why alcohol may have made mine worse for several days. Do you consume a lot of salt or sugar? Some dietary changes along with general exercise might do the trick. I do a lot of stretches and yoga, not sure if it helps but I feel good from it. Do you find you have a lot of tension in your shoulders,neck and jaw? Do you find yourself stretching your jaw a lot to feel some relief?

You possibly could have developed hyperacusis towards lower frequencies. Might be worth finding out more about that and do sound therapy to accept the frequencies that bother you easier. Also how loud is this sound to you, does it go over a lot of other sounds? If you had a fan on near you would it distract you enough to not really hear it? I'm usually at a computer a lot and so I find that just the computer being on actually covers some of the sound I hear.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brett_angel

Brett_angel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      hi. is your sound continous then ? my sound is continous and very loud. The loudness is genrally high but can become much higher. Especially at night and not necessarily because its quieter but because it sometimes encompases me and then sounds like there is a big bass music being played outside but there isnt. I dont drink and yes i do eat sugary things. Thats a good point you made. I normally do alot of exercise but recently i havent been ( except walking) but i will try to get back into it quickly.

18. RoeTaKa
      Creative

RoeTaKa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music/Somatic?
      Yeah mine is continuous. The times when it was louder I could be in a quiet room and feel like I've been in a nightclub recently. When it's soft like it is now then I won't hear it unless it's really quiet and even then it's like a subdued bass noise that I just need to distract myself from by either keeping busy or just focusing on my breathing. I also often find I'm tensing my muscles when I shouldn't be, relaxing my muscles helps.

19. Jemina
      Caffeine

Jemina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree with RoeTaKa, might be some kind of hyperacusis towards low frequency sounds.

And possibly some kind of vascular cause.

Like I said, I also hear a basslike thumping, and am not sure if it's caused by my patulous eustachian tubes or ear spasms, can't really pinpoint the source.. I do have pulsatile tinnitus, but this bass sound is something else.

Since you don't have pulsatile T, and if it's not caused by eustachian tube dysfunction, might be some kind of vascular or muscle problem.

Hmm.. "Varies according to background noise as well"... Is it louder when you are in a more noisy environment? I still wonder if it has something to do with the ear muscles...

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brett_angel

Brett_angel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Im not going to be able to go on for much longer. This a very critical situation.

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brett_angel

Brett_angel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      this sound is like a deep bass and feels like a deep bass is continous playing somewhere. I will never get my head round that.

22. Jemina
      Caffeine

Jemina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I know how you feel. I'm struggling too, a lot. My ear myoclonus is so severe today. :(

Don't give up!!!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brett_angel

Brett_angel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I admire your tenacity but after all the years this is the worst thing ever. I'm not being dramatic or seeking attention but I don't think I can go on any more :-(

24. TLion

TLion Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/loud concert
      You can. And please do go on. You will be better. Give it time and patience.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brett_angel

Brett_angel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      how ? ivr had tinnitus for 30 years but this new bass sound is killing me like nothing ive ever known. Im a grown man and im in crisis.

26. TLion

TLion Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/loud concert
      I consider new sounds as new onsets of Tinnitus which also will stabilize and quieten down over time. This is most likely not what you will hear in a year or so. Remain calm. All the best.

27. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Brett_angel ,
      I'm not sure if your a member of our Tinnitus Hub facebook group also,
      a lovely lady is going through the same,she has high pitch tinnitus but struggling with a low sound thats vibrating.
      You could be good messaging eachother.

love glynis

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brett_angel

Brett_angel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Yes but it's a complicated low frequency sound which is much more confused with external.sounds . That makes it much more troubkesome.

29. PortalNaut

PortalNaut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      @Brett_angel I hope you find relief. My T is high freq, so I'm quite sure what might work for Bass. I am experimenting with Amino Acids, and Taurine is something with studies that support helping reduce Tinnitus. Also in my kit are Tyrosine and DLPA. Please look some of these up and consider trying them. :)

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brett_angel

Brett_angel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      hi , yes i dont do fb to be honest but thanks. Definetely feel very alone with it right now. Im a lost cause ...im sinking and i dont see a way out...ive honestly given up and i have been through it all with tinnitus in the past but this is just too much to handle.

Ive also read that low freq tinnitus like this is worse because you cant often distinguish it easily from an external sound so the brain is even more confused. i keep thinking someone ust be playing .bass music but they arent. its killing me,