Vibrating Pulsing Scratchy Only with Highs and Lows?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jacob3087, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Jacob3087

Jacob3087 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      So I'm not sure what I have, and nor does my doctor. My hearing is within normal range, but I tend to hear the high and low frequencies really well. What my issue is, is that when there is like a high note in a song, or a deep bass sound, or if I'm in a room or place with people clapping, my left ear only will start to have this sort of scratching and physical vibrating and sometimes pulsing with the noise level and only at that time. For the high pitch sounds, I can only describe it as maybe my left ear is maxing out for that sound? This started 3 or 4 years ago and can't figure it out. When I was 8 or 9 I did have tubes put in for too much fluid in my ears. No physical issue currently wrong with my ears according to all the people who have looked at them as well as nothing out of the ordinary on the hearing tests.

I'm not sure if this was posted correctly or not, and I know it's not as bad as those who have the sound 24/7, but I'm going crazy from it. It's frustrating having your left ear vibrate like crazy and max out (per say), when ever people sing happy birthday or clap their hands or going to the movie theatre to see a new movie and for a good portion of anything with some bass that your left ear has a vibrating or liquid vibrating sound.. Any insight is desperately appreciated.

2. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      I remember as a teenager, when I was in the cloakroom at school with all the noise my ears seemed to squeak and quark and do things like you describe but as soon as I left the cloakroom it went. I do still get that now if I allow myself to be anywhere noisy (not often) and try to speak too, my ears go crazy. I see it as an overload on the auditory system.

3. My right ear sounds like a squealing fluorescent light with some baseline static thrown in. It's not LOUD but it's there and noticeable at all times (used to write it off as computers, lights, and water pipes before I realized it was in my head). My left is just a straight T tone with some occasional "wind" (blood whooshing sound) and vibrating. I'm pretty much used to it now although (like all of us) it gets on my nerves still if I let it. I carry Westone custom plugs on my keychain and wear them whenever I feel that the environment is potentially damaging. The only way my T will get worse if I can help it is through aging which I can't control.