Video Series: Total Tinnitus Remission / Patient #1 / By Dr. Tanit Ganz Sanchez

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Markku, May 5, 2016.

1. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Yes, @Steve ! Thank you, I do too! I also appreciate your other section where we can all insert the various research studies and ideas we come across while searching the net.

There is a LOT of info which is potentially helpful (if not fully curative). The thing is, it's scattered all over. And while some of it may work for some and not for others, it's good to have access to it all in one narrower location. And to brainstorm together about it too.

You know, what I think many (not all) clinicians lack, no matter how much physiological expertise and general "treatment options" knowledge they may have, is a comprehensive idea of the manifold ways in which this condition presents and how it disrupts daily life.

I know there are some places where the tinnitus evaluation is comprehensive and asks many of the right questions, but you also hear on here from so many who go to an ENT and get the most cursory of evaluations!

I do believe that you're on to something, too!

Even if we who have tinnitus are not researchers, many of us are pretty informed and able to give intelligent feedback about what is happening with our bodies.

So having a "conversation" and taking the reins in making CONNECTIONS among doctors and patients and information-sharing all over the world CAN make a POSITIVE difference!

As you can see, my cat let me sleep last night! Feeling much better today. :)

But yes, the video series, while nice to let people know that remission/significant improvement is possible, does need to also help in getting some access to the real information! If a million dollars in gold bars was buried in my backyard but without my knowledge, then I would spend my whole life NOT HAVING that million dollars.

Same here: If treatments that are more effective for tinnitus are being done by Dr. Sanchez a world away, and never disclosed to our whole planet, then, well, we live our lives NOT getting help. Soooo ... coordinating the transfer of this information so that all tinnitus sufferers can have medical access to it would seem to be the noble, altruistic, ethical, and obvious action that is needed in order to make a difference.

If you guys can help to make that happen, that will be SO significant and SO profound!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Lance

Lance Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Agree with "Path Maker" above.
      This is like a carrot on a stick that we can't get to.
      If the doc really wants to help the world, then why not publish the results, or if legally prevented to do so, then put it on wiki-leaks or something.
      Open the curtain so we can see the wizard.
      I'll drink (and pay for) the Kool-aid if it works.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      I think it's rather sad, that if there really exists a treatment for Tinnitus and it's not being shared worldwide, due to politics or money issues, then those in the know, have truly sunk to the lowest level, of pond scum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    4. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      @Lance @Path Maker @Sailboardman

I think I said this earlier in the thread but I believe that every ENT who has an understanding of and actively treats tinnitus (not that many I know) will be able to present similar stories. Tanit is not a miracle worker.

Imagine we published here that this person lost their tinnitus because of medication x? How many people would go out and obtain it, through any means possible? How viral in the tinnitus community would it go?

It would ultimately be false information. A lie that medication x cures tinnitus. The patient was given treatments specifically for what were believed to be the underlying causes of her tinnitus, they will not match another person and could potentially cause harm.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      @Steve I am wholly in agreement with you! If the treatments are shared, they need to be responsibly shared through the licensed doctor medical channels. And I dearly hope that the really dedicated, passionately committed doctors who deeply focus on tinnitus treatment at some point discuss their success cases with EACH OTHER to further their understanding of these treatments. And then to work with similar treatments with their patients who fit the specific criteria.

I surely do not think it should just be disseminated to the public in an uncontrolled way. (Didn't say that in my post :) ).

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing.... Hopefully with the additional info I've requested, based on comments here, we'll have something that is more meaningful for the patient.

Thanks, me too. Just a bit more thought on presentation and how to move forward with it - such as helping ENT's to share treatment information that is successful.

There will be a series from different Doctors, I'll have to ask about that.

• Like Like x 3
    7. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No, sorry, I was answering a little too generally.

I really do hope we can at least play a part in this sort of dissemination. Patient power. If we demand better quality treatment and can make the ENT's talk more about treating multiple causes then that will be a nice victory to have - one which can hopefully add to the knowledge base.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Lance

Lance Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      I respect all the things said above and understand the implications of publishing a medication and how it could go wrong.

But, maybe the "healer" could just say something like ... "patient so-and-so was mostly cured through a series of hypnosis sessions coupled with anti-anxiety medication".

Keep it kind of vague, but get us in the ballpark.
      Many people on here have already sunk hundreds, if not thousands of dollars into bottles of snake oil, ear plugs, and everything else.

BTW, a little off topic, but I just ordered a pair of earplugs off Amazon that are called High Fidelty Earplugs. They actively suppress loud noises, but let in tolerable levels of sound. Not triggering T is a start to reducing anxiety reactions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes I totally agree. These are the things I've asked for:

1. If a person was to ask their Doctor to contact you, could you share details of your methods and how you select the medications?
      2. Did any of the people in the videos have pulsatile tinnitus? What was their tinnitus type?
      3. People would also like a little more information (maybe on a card we can insert into the videos), such as - was there any hearing loss?
      4. Are you able to say what the cause of the tinnitus was for each patient? I wonder if we can say, the root causes were diagnosed as x and y and z so medication was prescribed to treat x, injections to treat y and retraining therapy to treat z. When the causation was treated the tinnitus went into remission.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. NineNails

NineNails Member

There was once a dentist that used morphine to sedated his patients before treating their teeth. He didn't share his knowledge: morphine with anyone. This way he became very rich and famous and lived a life of pomp and abundance.

And I have a feeling pretty much the same thing will be happening with all real treatments for severe ailments. Only the rich will get them the first few decades.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. Paulo Pc

Paulo Pc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Good afternoon everyone,

Keep contact with the Instute ganz sanchez, sent messages telling my case and I am awaiting return. I'm studying cases of successful treatment on the site, I followed the case of an elderly lady that changing the feeding and do exercises had a significant improvement in tinnitus. . So far from what I observed, Dr. Tanit works with most part of human relationships - acupuncture, diet (food readaptation), healthy practice of exercises.

Another point, Dr. Tanit is adept at the use of appliances generating sound, or the unit will improve the sound quality in the lost frequencies and has the function of masking the tinnitus (I think that this would be his diagnosis in my case, given the fact I have suffered trauma acoustic, with lesion in the hair cells of the inner ear, in acute frequencies (colclea input frequencies).

Moreover, the sound generating device improves the quality of sound received by the ear and tries to mask tinnitus with other noise will be slightly below the sound of tinnitus, in which case there is no hearing gain --- to be clear. As I follow the facebbook, it appeared the following news: Ganz Sanchez institute this to select a volunteer to join a new treatment: stimulation transcranial electromagnetic - with the Iranian researcher Iman Goodratitoostan, and that something new will happen May 20 2016.

Sorry for any errors in writing, improvements to all

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
    12. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

Guys, don't take me wrong, I didn't say she's a miracle worker, there is not such thing. As far as I know she takes a comprehensive approach depending on the case. The only patient of hers that I actually met in person had Meniere and told me his Tinnitus went from a 10 to a 2.

I Know that Tinnitus experts in Brazil collaborate a lot. As far as I know there's no magical medicine around here. But the two that I actually went to take a very comprehensive view.

Disclosure and Marketing rules are very restrictive for health professionals, and maybe that's why you won't get all that information about patients and treatments. It's not that the doctors are hiding something, it's that they really can't be seen as advertising themselves or disclosing any personal data about their patients (You won't see ads of doctors and clinics around here, and even the stuff they put on their websites is far more strict comparing to health professionals in other places).

Contrary to public belief, a lot of well regarded professionals also work on the public system where you can get to see them for free. It will take longer then if you just call their private practices, but our health system isn't that bad in the big cities (on smaller cities the retarded government of ours has hired a lot of Cuban doctors - really, they have a contract with the Castro government, and as far as I know most brazilian doctors think they have inferior training), but if you live or is willing to travel to a big city, you'll get treatment as good as anywhere in the world.

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    13. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      It would be good to know what she recommends in terms of food at least!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    14. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cant wait for video no 2

• Agree Agree x 2
    15. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I do appreciate the time and work it took to put this video in production, also I am happy for the woman. For me though, this video was a total waste of time. No substance of anything of value, just a three minute video of someone saying their T has more or less gone. These testimonials can be found on other sites.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      This is a great idea... Gathering many many of these videos would be helpful. Maybe then a list of the various treatment therapies that helped could be given.

So many modalities, therapies, and success stories in curing tinnitus are all over the internet. That doesn't mean that each one we hear about we run out and over medicate, etc. Doesn't really seem to be that strong an argument for leaving out what the healing therapy was.

Does this doc want more business and to become more famous? Putting out videos of success and then hiding her treatment modalities seems to be a good way.

17. Sarah Russett

Sarah Russett Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2015 - April 2017 (now T-free)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise-induced
      I don't think the videos are useless. Yes,, I think there are some pieces of information that I think should have been included even if they are not able to give the names of medications/doses, but I always like hearing success stories. THere are so many people here who lose hope in all the doom and gloom. And habituation is great and all, but it's nice. Just nice.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Kane Moffat
      Badass

Kane Moffat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Anyone against hacking the surgeries servers and just finding out what the medication was? Its well within our means (all be it illegal) to hire a black hat hacker.

19. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
    20. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      @Markku @Steve Release video Number 2 already!
      i feel bad that the first video had a negative feedback overall
      but people need to understand that the real purpose of these videos is just to share hope.
      and success stories and thats already a great relief for people like me :)
      i appreciate your work.
      please dont listen to the negative feedback,
      we know we are all desperate for a cure.
      but we need to appreciate the little things :)

• Like Like x 1
    21. Steve
      Creative

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm going to get some more detail first i think. Will be good to give as much as we can for the next one...

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    22. Zechariah

Zechariah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Exactly.

I'm not sure how to react but I'm really annoyed. The only things that I'm interested of are:

1) How was the tinnitus induced
      2) What was the treament

...and there is no answers to these questions.

This is like a teaser/trailer of a good movie which may never be released.

This kind of videos may help new T sufferers because after onset you need hope that it will go away on it's own or with some treatment to be able to carry on your life. This seems to be the case with you @Mario martz ?

When you are a long-time sufferer and you have pretty much accepted your fate and this kind of videos only annoy you.

• Agree Agree x 6
    23. hellouser

hellouser Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      As someone who's suffered with hair loss for years and seen these types of charlatan come onto forums like BaldTruthTalk.com and talk about their 'cures' and always end up turning into a scam.... THIS thread is no different. If there's no monetary gain, then the treatment should be known and do everyone a solid. If there is monetary gain, it'd likely be going through clinical trials for safety, efficacy and legitimacy.

I smell scam. Prove me wrong with scientific backing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      hey there's always HRT, hair retraining therapy, where you pay a few grand for talking therapy with a hairologist who claims your hair loss is all imaginary and due to stress ;-)

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    25. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey Zechariah,
      Not my case, i have only been dealing with this thing for 3 months, but im not a stranger to anxiety and depression.
      i can somehow understand your frustration.
      but be honest to your self if you have accepted your fate, then why would a small clip annoy you so much?
      there are a bunchhhhhhhh of success stories from people where their tinnitus goes away and then dont give out answers neither.
      so why make a big deal about this clip in particular? just enjoy it.
      and be happy for others. lets hopefully wait for a cure.

i didnt pay a penny to see the video! then why would i ask for answers, this is neither markku or steve's duty.
      lol, just enjoy the video, and if you dont like it or whatever dont spread more negative vibes, they are putting all their efforts despite they have to other jobs, and also have tinnitus.
      lets just be greatful for the work people in the staff do for us.

26. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      The treatment they give to the person in the video was according to her case.
      every case is different, that means not all medication will work for every case.
      they are not asking for money in any moment of the video.
      is just a mini documentary to talk about HER case.
      not to talk about the definitive solution of tinnitus.

27. Zechariah

Zechariah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Well let me explain.

No offence, but 3 months isn't long term T, actually your T is still on acute stage according to some researchers. When you hit 1,5 year or 2 year mark, then you can start talking about long term suffering.

Video annoys me because it potentially gives false hope. Who knows it there is TRT protocol behind it? And I don't mind about people writing about their unofficial personal stories but this kind on systematic teasing annoys me. "Hey, we got a treatment for T but we won't be sharing it with you". I hope you can see my point here?

I didn't make it a big deal, I just expressed my concerns (which seems to be forbidden because feedback was negative) but now when I'm answering to you, it may look like a big deal.

I'm tired of being happy for others. I'd like to happy for myself for a change. I could write a story how my T has affected my life but I won't, most of the people here know how it generally goes.

Btw, why shouldn't people give "negative feedback" if they feel like some thing isn't quite good? Do you accept only positive feedback and ignore all the negative in your real life? (this was rhetorical question, no need to answer).

• Hug Hug x 1
    28. Rog

Rog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Hello everyone
      I'm from Brazil but live in NYC. Feb 2014 was when tinnitus hijacked my life. As many of you knows depression,anxiety and suicidal thoughts was in my mind 24/7. Couldn't find a doctor who would help me in the biggest capital of the whole world. All they said was that I had to get used to it. Get used to T could be doable,but anxiety and depressed was nearly impossible. About 10 days on set I found Dr. Tanit online. Luckily enough she is located 20min away from my house in São Paulo,BR. Thought I had found the CURE.

Listen everyone this is my personal experience. I can't talk for others patients of Dr Tanit.
      She does not cure either have a treatment for curing tinnitus. All I know she does is changing patients life style. As eating better, exercising and avoiding loud places.
      I am sure she knows a lot about tinnitus. She participates in a lot of medical conferences and things. But what I see is that she built an EMPIRE on treating tinnitus. She is on TV almost everyday talking about tinnitus can be cured. People come from all over the world to see her but I haven't seen a single person who was cured by any medication she has prescribed.
      I am sorry if I am putting some of your hopes down but this is my PERSONAL experience with Dr Tanit.

She prescribed me a Muscle Relaxer which I can't remember now but I'll post here As soon as I remember.

Keep eating well, exercising regularly and respect your body not being over tired then you will see improvement in your tinnitus.

Cheers.

Sorry for any typo

Rog

• Informative Informative x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    29. raymundo2245

raymundo2245 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Thank you for being honest, i though she was a fake to, you can improve the perception of tinnitus b7t never cure it, u less is caused by something you know and like a med, or allergies, you suspend the med or treat your allergies and it be alright, but noise induced and infection caused tinnitus there is no cure!
      I went to a neurologist today and no luck, he read my MRI and only found desmilinization of white substance, but its not the cause of my tinnitus it showed no inflamation, or damaged nerves, still in the dark about my tinnitus, i have a beeping noise as my T and is improving but still loud, i wish i just knwe what cuased it but neither my ENT nor the Neurologist can find the reason of my T, still researching as to what it can be or caused it, I was diagnosed with noise induced but i would of lost some of my hearing and i can hear perfectly, but the T is there, sometimes i can feel my ear drums pulsate and a bit of slight pain when it pulsates specially when i just turn the radio or TV off, im still just intrigued! Any thoughts? Lol..

30. Paulo Pc

Paulo Pc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hello everyone,

First, also live in Brazil, the testimony of @Rog, only confirmed what I already said in my statement on this topic on May 7 about Dra. Tanit. Even I said that in my case in particular (lesion in the cells ciliated the beginning of the cochlea) it prescribe hearing aid, since it is irreversible lesion and the fact that Dr. Tannit partners with hearing aid company.

Moreover, I share the following: i was victim acoustic trauma suffered by gunshot in 04/2016, with losses at high frequencies. Yesterday I performed the exam acuphenometry and audiometry up to 18MHz, the doctor who performed the tests has been a student of Dr. Tanit and she prescribed me hearing aid (Unitron brand 16 channels - Canadian) for the left ear and right ear.

Important note the following: the two hearing aids were adjusted ONLY to improve hearing in lost frequencies (not have tinnitus masker). My audition for some fine sounds (sssssssss) improved and other details right ear T lowered much (some times disappeared) in the left ear he lowered a bit. Then it was the opposite, the left ear T lowered and the right ear was the most active T, is a bit difficult to explain, but it was this sensation.

Thus, already is found that my T is due to hearing loss (I already think, but thanks for the confirmation), other topics Tinnitus Talk, Fernando Gil mentioned that T became thinner, was precisely what happened in my case, the hearing aid improved the frequencies I had lost - believe the T migrated to higher frequencies (10MHz / 12MHz).

I am sharing this information because I find it very interesting and would like to know the opnion of the participants and whether someone has gone through a similar situation. I want to state that I am measuring perform LLLT, I'm only testing the hearing aid, but I regard it as last option.

Get well

• Like Like x 3