Wearing Headset for Online Calling/Applications — Safe with Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tharanga, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Tharanga

Tharanga Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, possibly stress
      Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have a little bit of tinnitus in my right ear,
      and now probably a little bit on my left ear.

If I wear a headset for online calling or for online applications with a good comfortable volume, will this still be ok and safe for me with tinnitus in both of my ears?

If it's safe and ok for my tinnitus in both of my ears, does the duration of wearing a headset matter?

Kind Regards
      Tharanga

2. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      The duration totally matters. Thats how I got tinnitus. Low volume at a longer duration. And hearing loss is cumulative. Might be ok today but one day will be the straw that broke the camels back.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tharanga

Tharanga Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, possibly stress
      Hi,

thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, the only time I would be wearing a headset, is for only 25 minutes as a casual job per session, or for a part time job, this is to hear students over the internet applications, so me wearing a headset should not be constant during the day for the full day, or for 5 days a week full time.

Does your above answer change based on the above? Or does your answer remain the same?

Kind Regards
      Tharanga

4. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Everyones threshold is different. You might be ok with 25 minutes while some here can't handle 5 seconds. You could be adding risk unless your threshold is good. At the very least follow the spikes. If you start spiking your tinnitus after headset use, then stop completely.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Can think about using a musician earplug under the headset for greater safety, and keeping the headset to a minimal volume.

• Like Like x 1