Weather Changes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sue, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Sue
      Tired

Sue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2013
      I have noticed my tinnitus is worse with drastic weather changes or when the barometric pressure is high. Does anyone else have the same problem? My entire head fills up as soon as I walk outside and the pressure is horrible.

2. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Yep, absolutely. I have posted about it on here before, and there are others like us. I live in the tropics and can tell a storm is coming in before it appears on the horizon, because my ears start ringing as the pressure changes.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sue
      Tired

Sue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2013
      Thanks! Makes me feel better I'm not losing it on top of the T! It's so hard to explain to people who don't have it and don't know what it feels or sounds like. It's been a horrible couple of days with the high barometric pressure and the crazy weather right now in NJ it doesn't look like its going to end soon either

4. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Yeah, it stinks, but what are we going to do? The weather is the weather. At least I know its something that will change soon, so I just pop in the masking noise and wait for the clouds to roll on by.

5. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Oh yes. As a matter of fact, I just came in to get some relief. It's cloudy and wants to snow.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      Just curious LadyDi....do your ears also feel "pressured" when the pressure changes as well? Or, does it only affect your T?

7. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hi @Teri : Yes, sometimes my ears also will feel weird, like they are "full." Sometimes that fullness is related to weather, sometimes not.

8. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      It happens to me all the time now that I got tinnitus since I moved to Florida!

9. Valentina
      No Mood

Valentina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, it happens to me too :meh:

10. Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      I have constant pressure in my ears...some days not noticeable other days it is. I have also been diagnosed with Meniere's Disease. I was just curious if anyone without a Meniere's diagnosis gets the same symptoms. Thanks.

11. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hi @Teri: I have been told I do NOT have Meniere's. But I also do not have constant fullness. Just occasional.

And @Rina: I live in Florida, too. Atmospheric barometric pressure changes are crazy, crazy in the summer! But at least I know there will be relief when the weather changes.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    12. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I live in Georgia, and the weather affects my tinnitus, too. We have a lot of changes in barometric pressure, particularly in the summer months, and I can usually tell by the intensity of my tinnitus.

The good news is, though, that the feeling of fullness in my ears has gone away. I had it for about four years, and it finally stopped. Why? I don't know!

• Friendly Friendly x 1