Weird Thing That Happened (Hitting Head)

Discussion in 'Support' started by derpytia, Jul 28, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss / ETD
      So about three days ago I was getting into a car and I smacked the top left side of my head on the roof (I'm a natural klutz I swear) and about an hour later, this permanent increase I've been having decreased about 10-15% and has been that way for days. Not sure if it's related at all (I changed nothing in my routine and was as stressed and anxious and depressed as I was days before) and I would NOT recommend going out and purposefully hitting your head on something (seriously don't do it) but I wonder if I somehow smacked my T into submission. Wishful thinking but it was really weird. But what if it did do something.

No serious injuries to my head I promise.

2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Umm. No. Your T sounds phycological in nature.

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Sounds psychological to be fair. But still, guess that's best for you. Either way, it's your prescription that matters.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Good on you ! Are you really able to notice 10 % of difference ?

5. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      Sounds like you, errrr, struck it lucky. Congratulations!!! I wish you could come and smack my t into submission. I'd be willing to take a few blows to the head if you think you've got the knack. :wacky:

P.S. I've heard of wackier things improving t. Seriously no pun intended. I'm glad to hear about this 'cos it is definitely your turn for some good luck. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Good old percussive maintenance. Ah.

I wouldn't try my luck a second time though.

7. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Good to know ze can be healed by accident ;) @dboy, what are those wacky stories ? I remember a story about a guy who lost his T after being exposed to a launched rocket or sth which triggered a discussion that T is sth like ''in between state''. Maybe the cells are dancing and that's what causes T. When we definitely knock them down, they shut up. I wish it could be true. Then we could just knock head against the wall a few times and be freed.

8. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      I suspect that too? In digital world its the ON and OFF state and for T it is like in the middle between ON and OFF.

9. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well hitting your head could certainly cause T but I would've thought if you had T already and hit your head it would make it worse. Anyway I'm glad it has been better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      I do wish we could smack our own heads to "fix" it the way you used to be able to smack a TV that was misbehaving. Actually one really bad evening when my tinnitus was absolutely blaring and I was up awake in the middle of the night my wife smacked me in the head to see if that would do anything and it just sent the T through the roof. (Temporarily thankfully.) But I can definitely see how it can have an effect!

11. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Smacking the side of my old TV back in the day, stopped the high pitched whine coming out of it for a while and even though I had to do it every time I watched TV, it worked.....now only if that was the same with my head and my T.

Wrecked on my mountain bike a couple weeks ago, hit my head on the ground (had helmet on of course) but sent my T blaring for 2 day straight!

12. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure

13. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Holy cow! Hope your doing alright buddy. I hit my head 16 months ago and my life changed forever. I am merely existing and not living due to my head injury. Even mild ones change you forever. I hope you didn't have to face any of the troubles

14. erik
      Breezy

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I am ok. T is back to low today (until my soccer game tonight LOL) Thanks

15. erik
      Breezy

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I just had a temporary increase not permanent. I am pretty active all the time so my T is constantly fluctuating. I will go days with spikes but they usually return back down. I know that all the physical activity I do (sports, biking etc) always spike my T. It's not really worth trying to figure T out or even prevent spikes. As long as you are not doing physical harm to yourself and your hearing, there is not really much else you can do but get on with life.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1