What About God?

Discussion in 'Support' started by erniej, Sep 22, 2016.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I totally understand how you feel and i'm not surprised such a thing happened...

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Perhaps not odd at all but rather a message? The fact that both of those experiences occurred shortly after her death and never again since may indicate they were more than just a coincidence. Maybe she came to say "good-bye" before she went on to heaven? She might have wanted to let you know that she was OK and that life does indeed go on after physical death.

I've experienced the scent of roses a few times over the years in my home. Also, the scent of the inside of a church where there were a lot of candles burning. I wasn't thinking of anyone at the time nor can I relate those experiences to anyone in particular. Additionally, I wasn't thinking of anything of a religious nature when I had the experience of the scent of the inside of a church where there were candles burning.
      Oh well,..perhaps they were just "cerebral misfires," after all...:)

• Like Like x 1
    3. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @billie48, ...Thanks for sharing the sweet, tender and very touching experience you had regarding your deceased Son. If that doesn't touch a person's heart, then they don't have one...

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Bobbie7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress, sinus infection
      Thank you @billie48 for sharing with us what must surely have been a highly emotional experience for you. I am sorry for all the pain you have experienced. Whenever you have occasion to mention your deceased son, the intensity of the love you had for him is apparent. In a way, that love never diminishes - only now it is transformed into memory as I well know when I summon thoughts of my dearly-loved mother. In a sense they are always with us.

Who can ever explain all these mysterious occurrences or what they symbolize? All I know is that they will at times bring comfort to those who have lost loved ones.

You are a person with great sensitivity and empathy Billie and I admire your inner strength. You are always ready and willing to offer your knowledgeable, excellent advice to those here who are suffering and it goes without saying you are highly respected. Be well.

Sincerely,
      Barbara

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There were many times over the years I wondered about those two experiences after my mother died and as you @jimH mentioned why it might possibly have occurred, my husband thought the same.

Who will ever know?

• Like Like x 1
    6. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      Yes, interesting.

7. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      How precious.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Sonic17 - Speaking of the dream you had where your mom didn't speak at all.... it is reminiscent of a very quick dream I had about my deceased father less than a year following his death. Very odd it was:

In my dream the phone rang, I answered it; when I asked who it was, it was my father's voice and he replied:
      "A visitor from the other side." When I awoke in the morning, I was somewhat disturbed. After that, I had no further dreams about him.

The dreams you @Sonic17 had were most interesting and thank you for sharing these.

9. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you for sharing your experiences with us @jimH - They are all mysterious and thought-provoking, to be sure.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. John G

John G Member

Few days after my mother passed. I was at work and went for a walk to the back of the building and something on the floor caught my eye. It was a bunch of dimes together (about ten) that were perfectly lined up next to eachother that was formed in a shape of a diamond (best way I can describe it). Maybe something maybe not. Makes one think though.

http://blairrobertson.com/pennies-from-heaven/

• Like Like x 2
    11. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Hey Michael, I was just curious if you ever prayed about tinnitus and something happened or perhaps you received wisdom on how to lower your tinnitus. Also, if you could, please say a prayer for me. :) I've been having some up and down days lately.

12. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      From what I have told @JasonP, the Holy Spirit everywhere and dwells within us. You simply have to believe and pray for yourself and ask for help.

Take care and hope you feel better soon.
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Michael Leigh - Prayer?
      I grew up in a family where I felt totally unloved.
      My mother was desperately ill with deep depression every day of her life.
      My father was a businessman, and disinterested in his kids.
      ‘Bonding’ never happened for me.
      I grew up in isolation - the pain was unbearable.
      I prayed from infancy onwards - “Dear God please help me - just let me feel your loving arms around me,” throughout my childhood, my adult life, time after time.
      You’ll never guess what happened?
      I’ll tell you - nothing......NO THING!
      I don’t employ my imagination....I just listen, wait and see.
      I am a realist.
      God didn’t work for me, and I don’t believe in Father Christmas either.
      I must admit a grudging respect tor the the tooth fairy......she gave me two bob once......
      The second time she forgot. “BITCH!”

Of course, I have prayed for help with my Tinnitus, and it was just the same story........

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Jazzer

You are entitled to your opinion. Regarding help for your tinnitus. A certain amount we can do to help ourselves although not in every case. Since your tinnitus was caused by loud noise and probably a result of playing a musical instrument in a band for many years. Like you I'm also a realist. Unless you significantly reduce the noise levels that y0ur ears are being subjected to which comes from playing in a band. Your tinnitus and hyperacusis are likely to get worse. No amount of tinnitus treatment will stop that.

I wish you well.
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
    15. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Michael Leigh - I feel the need to add a rider.
      I have no wish to denigrate anyboby’s faith.
      I have searched a thousand times, and found no reality for myself.
      I have not neglected to search for God.
      My wife, the most beautiful person I have ever met, is a true believer.
      Her kindness to everybody is legendary.
      The reason for my pre-amble, pre-history, was to show how hard I tried, from a desperate infancy, onwards.

Now - my music.
      Many people are multi-talented. I am not.
      My one instinctive natural talent is the ability to think music, to think Jazz, to literally think on my feet...in short, the art of improvisation......not given to many.
      It is my profession, largely, my life, and most importantly, my passion.
      Since Tinnitus hiked up 3 1/2 years ago, I have used ear plugs.
      Over that period my T noise has remained constant on my left side, while my right side has remained clear.
      Yes, I am prepared to give it all up if necessary, but I wonder if you will quite understand the dilemma?
      I hope I have made a few points just a little clearer.
      Very best wishes Michael,

Jazzer x

16. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Thank you for explaining. I wasn't in the least bit offended by what you said about God. I am not a church goer but do believe there is creator or superior being, whatever one wants to call it that is all knowing. I don't believe human beings came out of thin air as so called science wants us to believe. Science is lies mixed the truth. I used to believe that we lived on a round ball that rotates but now have doubts. One of the first things we see as children in a class room is a globe and this is where the mental conditioning and lies begin.

I do understand your dilemma regarding music. I have been an Audiophile since the age of 16 and have always had a passion for music, although never played an instrument on a serious level like you. I used headphones for many years that eventually caused my tinnitus. I haven't used them in 21 years. It was difficult at first but I valued the quality of my life and health much more so didn't want to take the risk of making my condition worse.

Please remember, wearing earplugs one is not totally safe because sound can still reach the inner ear by bone conduction. This is when external sound passes through the skull and is transferred to the inner ear. Low bass frequencies can cause harm too. I know this is a difficult decision for you but the more you are around loud sounds, the more you put yourself at risk of making your tinnitus and hyperacusis worse.

Sorry to sound so sobering.
      I wish you well.
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    17. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Michael Leigh - yes I do understand.
      Cheers buddy x
      Jazzer

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    18. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      great topic...i believe i posted on this one a long time ago...the complications of the body, the world, the universe, and how it all functions together like some beautifully designed mess leaves me to believe there has to be something that created this. I would like to say it is God because it is the only answer I can believe makes sense. Maybe it really is just as simple as that. I do believe in ghosts...even the images that have been caught on camera throughout the years make you really wonder how it all fits together (im sure many are fake but i know there are some that cannot be explained). As for the NDE, I will post more on that later.

19. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Jomo - great topic indeed.

Trying to work out whether God/Creator actually exists is bound to be impossible, because nobody has died and lived to tell the tale, of the existence of a life after death; unless of course you have already ‘swallowed’ the God/Jesus Story, in which case, you are hardly an impartial searcher for the truth.
      It is my belief that nobody “Knows” of the reality of the existence of God.
      If God exists, he is hardly interactive.
      We can pray of course, but nobody I have ever spoken to has claimed to have had an answer, other than apparent coincidental happenings.
      Nobody knows....nobody can know.
      Not the Archbishop of Canterbury, not the Pope, nor the Queen.
      How could anybody possibly “Know.”
      They can of course believe...but that is quite different to knowing.
      It is my belief that the primary factor in determining a persons belief, is not faith at all, but fear.
      The good book contains numerous threats of eternal hell-fire, taught to us as young Sunday school children.
      Classic blackmail, constituting child abuse, as far as I am concerned.
      Just my ramblings - it is not my intention to upset anybody - and I respect your own beliefs, whatever they happen to be.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    20. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This is the type of story I have been meaning to talk about. I have been curious on this topic many times and at one point i found a site that documented the story of a man who did research on this back in the 1920s I believe. It all started because his wife who was a nurse came home one day with a story of a woman on her death bed. At the time she had no knowledge that her sister had passed away a few weeks prior. Before her passing she started to smile with excitement and said that she could see her father and sister looking at her in the corner. Of course nobody else saw them but her. After that the nurses husband researched and documented many deathbed stories and the results that he ended up with were pretty incredible. If i find the article on google later i will post. great story michael :)

• Like Like x 1
    21. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 1