What Are the Chances of Untreated Sinus-Induced Tinnitus Going Away?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ruth Gil, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Ruth Gil
      Fiendish

Ruth Gil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sinusitis or headphones?
      So my tests came back yesterday and turns out my allergic rhinitis/sinusitis are most likely the cause of my mild ringing.

So if my tinnitus is indeed due to those conditions does that mean that it should go away once my sinus problems are treated?

I've read that sinus related tinnitus clears up completely but still I'm a bit paranoid because I've had tinnitus for 7 weeks and I'm scared that my sinus issues already damaged my ears permanently since it's been untreated for weeks.

The reason it took my dad so long to take me to the ENT is because we both assumed it was noise-induced (NEVER ASSUME STUFF!!) but turns out it might not be.

Another important thing to point out is that sometimes my tinnitus turns pulsatile and pulsatile tinnitus is usually associated to sinusitis which makes it more likely for my tinnitus to be sinus induced.

So what are my chances of a full recovery even if it's been untreated for weeks?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Ruth Gil ,
      Finding the allergen causing your Rhinitis and sinusitis can be like a needle in a haystack and for me the treatment is on going but you could be lucky .

love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ruth Gil
      Fiendish

Ruth Gil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sinusitis or headphones?
      It's probably my cat.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      Like you said, don't assume. Visit an allergist. They will test you for a variety of things. If it ends up being a cat, you can get allergy shots.

Edit: In my opinion, everyone should visit an allergist. You might be surprised you are allergic to things you never knew. If you want to be proactive about health, this is a good avenue to explore.

• Like Like x 1