What Causes Beeping Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bar, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Bar

Bar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have a beeping tinnitus that sounds like someone alternating 2 notes next to each other. Like a siren, but it is not always constant, sometimes it is rapid, like a morse-code, but not that sharp and it doesn't follow any pattern.

It's usually always there, but it can fade for a few hours only to come back. It's often quiet at night and raging in the morning and then I usually have it in both ears for a few minutes.

I suspect it has something to do with pressure or stiff neck?

I can play the "tones" manually by beeping my own ear...

My only concern is that it seems to be reactive as well sometimes, getting a bit louder if there is wind / rain noises.

Anyone have this?

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      I have a similar reactive beep squeak. Not sure what causes it but I think the brain flips out on missing frequencies or something.

3. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      You can do it on command? How?

Yes, a lot of people have this.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bar

Bar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Is it just normal tinnitus?

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. cw32801

cw32801 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I have just developed a faint beeping noise on my right side too. I heard some ceremonial gun fire at a veteran's funeral two weeks ago and so my ears have been rocked. I still hope things will heal.

But yes, I've had some hissing. Now I mostly hear the beeping. It's like it would be that eeeee sound but it's chopped up to sounding like beeping instead. Not too loud but definitely notice it.

I realize your post is from July last year, but if you're still on this forum, I hope you're well and would like to know how it's going.