What Happens After Someone Suicides or Dies?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jdjd09, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. Zora
      Depressed

Zora Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1st time: Megaphone ;2nd time: headphones too loud
      although heaven and hell dont exist. even if, adolf will for sure not be in heaven

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      @Zora Heaven and hell don't exist? You know this for sure do ya?

3. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live as if there isn't and to die to find out that there is. Albert Camus

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    4. Kathi
      Balanced

Kathi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/30/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HFHL and stress
      What happens with suicide? Well, the obvious. You are dead. No chance to manage one's symptoms, no chance to find joy in life and no chance to see what tomorrow will bring. As someone who once typed into this forum "I want to die" then receiving great support and help, I do not make light of this situation. Is my life perfect? No. Is it more than just livable, yes.

I'm sorry if you are at such a place. Please give it time and remember that people are here for you.

• Like Like x 2
    5. Buzzzzzy

Buzzzzzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No known
      Talking about death in such a frivolous way when some of us are fighting to stay alive makes a mockery of us who suffer with chronic debilitating tinnitus.
      Your a fruitcake who wants putting in a room with 20 T sufferers so they can kick you around like a football.
      End of.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Buzzzzzy

Buzzzzzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No known
      Be more than fantastic. I would let someone chop my arm of with an axe if it would stop the buzzing noise in my brain.

• Like Like x 1
    7. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      192ab03d141682180585447232_700wa_0.gif

8. Nick Pyzik
      Depressed

Nick Pyzik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/23/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to in-ear headphones & playing in a band
      I think a little self-control is needed in your life Jd. You haven't done anything terribly wrong, but it's just sometimes keeping your thoughts to yourself are much better than speaking about them to others.

I think you should maybe slow down a bit on referencing to the same subject in many threads on this site. Instead, I say start learning about how our auditory system works and how the brain works. Learn as much as you can about what could have possibly happened to you to cause you to experience life the way you are now. It's definitely much more rewarding to me than wanting to complain to everyone on this site about what's still happening to me.

• Like Like x 2
    9. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Well, you know what they say: Heaven for climate, hell for atmosphere. :D

• Like Like x 1
    10. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      @Nick Pyzik I have been doing what you said about learning about the auditory system and it is both very informative and sad at the same time because I wish I had all this knowledge pre tinnitus :(

• Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

Only thing I care about is a cure for hearing loss. It seems there is no new news out about this. That is all i want. A legit cure for hearing loss. If I can know one will be out soon, I can move on. Even with the ringing, I could move on. Just give me my hearing back.

12. spingee
      Wtf

spingee Member

Do you remember how it was before you were born? Then its exactly same after dead

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      I just want a cure for the ringing. I can live just fine with my hearing loss. Just stop this noise.

• Agree Agree x 5
    14. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      @spingee You know for sure that there's nothing after your final breath eh? Who's your source?

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. Buzzzzzy

Buzzzzzy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No known
      Get a life and talk about something that inspires people.

16. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      Everything stops, including your SCREAMING auditory cortex. It's a shame I won't be able to stop it any other way. At least suicide is an option. I have one final option against this permanent irreversible hopeless distracting sensory disability.

I don't understand why people out there have hearing loss 10x worse than my 10db loss and NO TINNITUS but I have a screech and a hot fullness sensation in my left ear and a warbling whistle in my right. I will NEVER be able to accept this.

Therapy, drugs, doctors, and most importantly LOGIC and SCIENCE have failed me. My hearing up to 18kHz is great but I am in absolute hell. I drink heavily daily and pray for a fair chance to live. I was never happy, and I can't imagine forging a normal life anymore. I just turned 21. I am supposed to be in the prime of my life. This has been my life for a year and a half now.

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

I dont see why suicide is so taboo. So many people do it each year and yet everyone just wants to act like I doesnt occur. Well...it does occur, and many do it because they can't handle what crappy hands like dealt them. It seems a lot of life is just some cosmic lottery and some get great hands, some shitty hands, and the rest get some other hand. It just like a joke to stay after someone has been dealt too many crappy hands and no longer wants to play the cards they are playing with.

Everyone eventually dies anyways, I seriously wonder whst the reasons is in defending against someone's right to die if they no longer wish to out up with he endless suffering the world has given them.

• Like Like x 2
    18. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      In my view all consciousness is One. We are all bits of consciousness whether we be human or slug. When our bodies die the consciousness within us simply passes to a new body whether that be plant, animal or human. Most of us do not have any memories of our past lives....some do. The Universe itself may just be one incredible consciousness split into infinite bits.

• Like Like x 1
    19. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      You're not the only one not understanding this. In some ways you can (should?) feel "lucky" that you "only" have T. Some of us have the T, but also perceivable hearing loss and hyperacusis. T is no fun, but when you tack on HL and H, it takes you to a new kind of hell.

Have you tried to debug your symptom?

Good luck.

20. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, I've tried very hard to debug my tinnitus. If you're interested in what I have done to try and fix my tinnitus, read on. My problems all started at the age of 12, I suddenly woke up one day very lightheaded and weak, the feeling was like I had just exhaled a TON of air very hard, or had the wind knocked out of me. I told my dad what had happened. I described a feeling of "dreaminess" or being "spaced-out" to him. It wasn't anxiety related, because I had never suffered from anxiety before this, and at the time I was relaxing in Florida on vacation. This feeling hasn't left since, and over the next few years I developed primary T, giant eye floaters, persistent nausea, and bruxism (tooth grinding).

I can easily change my tinnitus, which is why I am convinced it has an underlying cause. Moving any part of my head, neck, jaw, shoulders, and sometimes eyes makes the ringing in my left ear 3-5x louder, but ONLY the sound in my left ear. Increased air pressure in my right ear make the loud tone in my right ear far quieter.

Despite this, every single test I've had has come back great. I have had multiple audiograms (my biggest hearing loss is 20 dB at 16 kHz, which is way outside of speech range, and good for being 21) an otoacoustic emissions test (100%), an MRI of the head (all good), a CAT scan of the neck (had that today, I have a history of postural and spine problems).

People here told me I could have "hidden hearing loss" that explains the severity of my T and my ear pain, so I traveled to have an Auditory Brainstem Response test and I had multiple speech recognition tests in noisy environments, because I was told nerve damage makes it hard to decipher speech when there's lots of noise. Both tests were perfect, 100%.

I'd be OK with just T and I would feel "lucky" if it was a single tone and my stressful eye issues were cured, so I could distract myself from the stress by using my sense of sight. I tried CBT, mindfulness, and meditation, but it relies on using your senses, so it doesn't work. I also have allergies, so I have a lot of sensory problems already, 3/5 senses are basically trashed. It's too much to deal with.

I also had mild H for several years when I was a young teenager, so I have had a taste of what a piece of shit that condition was. The pain has since gone away, but I still dislike loud noises, like I always have. The terrible irony of my situation is that everyone in my family is loud as shit, but I'm a bookworm homebody type who never got exposed to loud noise and I'm the one who gets T.

21. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Tiny nit pick: every single T has an underlying cause! But I think I know what you mean.

I don't know how many different doctors you've gone through. I've had some radiology results come back "normal" and confirmed "normal" by half a dozen doctors (from the same medical center), but when shown to a very experienced surgeon (from another center), he spotted an anomaly and was spot on (surgery confirmed his suspicion). If people can't find what's wrong with you, try other (more experienced) people.

Most patients don't drive their debugging, or require a lot of hand-holding to take care of their health. I go to my appointments with my surgeon with my computer full of questions (we go down the list one by one), references to studies, proposals for treatments, etc. Engage your doctors and be the driver of your health. Read up on your symptoms and bounce ideas off of them. My surgeon is impressed at how prepared I am every time I show up. His time is very valuable, so I need to make the most of it when we meet.

I'm not sure that all hearing loss can be picked on an audiogram unfortunately. It's not just a matter of range tested (whether it stops at 8 kHz or higher): there's granularity (what if you have a narrow loss? there's only a handful of sample points), but also volume (the tests are typically conducted with normal/low volume), and maybe other factors (how the test is conducted, etc).

I'm really sorry to hear about your general health issues. I am sympathetic.
      The simultaneous arrival of T, floaters, nausea, bruxism should give a clue to some doctor. Did you see a neurologist when this happened? Who did you see and what did they tell you?

22. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Good idea. However, I've tried that a few times already, but it doesn't seem to matter how well-prepared I am. I show up with my envelope stuffed full of tests and scans, very prepared to ask questions; but despite this preparation I often find myself barely able to even get the doctor's undivided attention, because after I tell them I'm there for tinnitus there is a 90% chance they will just frown at me, "shut their ears" so to speak, and tell me "I'm sorry, I don't treat that," whilst showering me with useless sympathetic platitudes.

Of course it can't. Hidden hearing loss is what you're talking about. This is why I had the ABR done (I had to REALLY search for this test. Most ENTs underestimate it's importance and do not have the machine). This test is very important in tinnitus patients because this machine tests how the electrical activity in your brain increases in response to sound in either ear. You can't fudge the results by pressing a button like in a soundproof audiogram booth.

It is often able to detect reduced input to the brain through the auditory nerve. When the nerves that transmit sound in the ear are damaged, not the haircells, (what we call "hidden hearing loss"), certain waveforms on an ABR (often I or V) are reduced, and latencies (the time it takes for the brain to "receive" a sound) are increased. Read this, you'll find it equally interesting and relevant: http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/tinnitus-and-hidden-hearing-loss

My latencies were slightly different, but still very fast. My waveforms were normal as well.

No. I was so young that I didn't realize that I suddenly had senses as bad as a 60 year old man's. I just thought that having serious sensory issues as a child/teen was normal, I guess. I could see one now, but I don't know what it would accomplish.

23. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      One way to work around this would be to not mention tinnitus as the reason for your visit. Just say you are there because of something that happened to you and that you have a bunch of painful symptoms to deal with. When they ask what symptoms, just mention T along all the other things you have, and explain how it came about. Look at if from a holistic point of view. Surely your symptoms are linked somehow since they appeared at the same time.
      If there is a way to explain what happened, then there may be a way to understand how to either treat or mitigate it, and potentially also address your T.

I didn't know about the ABR test - I'll take a look. It's actually important for me because I'm pretty sure otosclerosis damaged my cochlea somehow, but I don't know the kind of damage (what's damaged and to what extent). It would be great if I could pinpoint it so we could devise an action plan.