What I Have Learned

Discussion in 'Support' started by fishbone, May 8, 2018.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hey folks,

Fish here and Mr positivity is going to write another post that documents, how things have been going for me and how it can possibly help YOU.....

I wrote a post here: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/dont-ever-lose-hope.28732/#post-332427 , talking about how my life had spiraled out and my health was taking a huge hit.

Ever since my last day in the hospital, things have changed and life has changed. It was all my own fault for ending up in the hospital and I knew things had to change. You can read the thread if you like.

Folks Diet + Exercise has made a huge difference for me. It can make a difference for YOU as well.

Diet - This was my usual diet before: pancake in the mornings, frozen food for lunch and fast food for dinner. I am single and I am a guy (most of us are horrible at cooking). This was a disaster for me and it caught up with me.

NOW: I am eating healthy all day long.

Exercise: I was always doing my martial arts but lately I go for a nice/CALMING walk everyday. I'll be honest, I walk a little but then I turn into a sprinter and run a good 1-2 miles and then walk again. Do it at your own pace, I am pushing myself harder because I have a 3-5 hour martial arts exam in a few months and cardio is going to be a majority of it. (Please do something that is safe for YOU and that will not annoy your tinnitus)

By walking everyday + eating well everyday my blood pressure is amazing and my depression and mood has been lifted. yes, my tinnitus is still loud, but I don't pay attention to it.

Now, when I was not eating well and not walking or exercising, my depression was full on and my blood pressure was worst and my ears rang ever louder.

This post is just to share with you, what I have been through and what has been helpful to me. I come here to help you good people and If something helps me with my life, then I will come and try to share it and help you good people. Due to such a change in my life, I have also not taken a sleeping pill (was addicted for 2+ years) for 10 days now.......

Life is a struggle folks, I will never sugar coat it. We still can make small changes in our lives, that leads to a better/more positive outcome :)

Be well....

PS- These things may seem very simple, but the difference they make can be quite amazing. It's all about being dedicated to make changes in our lives, that can yield positive results...

• Like Like x 7
      • Winner Winner x 5
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I totally agree !! Thanks for sharing and encouraging !

• Like Like x 1
    3. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      Hello Fish
      Wondered if you were ok. SO you are a reformed man health wise, well done you.
      I’ve tried the walking for depression, I live near a beach, but it’s proving to be a very difficult tenant to evict.
      I don’t drink alcohol but I have too many carbohydrates. Living alone also, it’s tempting not to cook properly.
      Just back from a cranial osteopath who has tried to even up my neck vertebrae from the RTC.
      I believe you have dogs? they’re lovely walking companions.
      Eve
      @fishbone

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. NormySan
      Wtf

NormySan Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      Thanks for sharing @fishbone.

I totally feel the same way to, living a healthy and active life makes such a huge difference in how you feel day to day, it improves so many parts of ones life for the better!

• Like Like x 1
    5. Mystery Reader

Mystery Reader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still Under Investigation
      @fishbone
      Hi,
      Great post! Out of curiosity, what foods did you leave behind, and what are you eating now? Thanks!

Mystery Reader

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I have stopped eating salty, fatty, high cholesterol foods. I live on oatmeal, natural milk+bananas shakes. I eat 1 low fat, no skin chicken breast + lettuce + healthy dressing and yogurt. I have 2 shakes a day, I eat and have 2 salads a day and for snack before bedtime.....I have a low sugar cereal with high fiber.

This style of eating can be boring and I am dedicated to remaining, healthy and living a better quality of life. Being stuck in that hospital for almost 1 week and then being forced to take meds....Really opened my eyes and I will never put myself in that situation again, If I can help it.

Once a week I will go out to a nice restaurant and have salmon or fish. I am not advising anyone to adopt my diet + routines, I am just sharing it because it has been helpful for me. This diet + exercising + keeping stress low has helped my blood pressure tremendously .

They always say that if your BP is kinda high, diet and exercise should become first priority. If all else fails, then meds might be needed. The lack or less of the stress is also very helpful with maintaining the tinnitus and avoiding spikes (not 100% of the time, but it does help).

In the end, it's all about wanting to change.... a negative into a positive. All of us in our lives have something that needs to be changed and it's dedication that can bring on, those small changes that can make a BIG difference....

Hope you folks have a great day :)

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    7. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      I have severe depression and take medicine for it. I CAN say that running helps though, big time. I run like 6-10 miles a day and the serotonin release is a must!

• Like Like x 2