What If's....

Discussion in 'Support' started by kmohoruk, May 9, 2015.

1. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Well done, and congratulate for you 1st step to get back to normal living again, @kmohoruk and it can only get better when we dare T & H to claim back, if slowly, the life we had before them. Keep up the positive attitude. Forget the future which is not a reality and the pass which is already history. The only moment is NOW, and it is the only time you can do something about with positive actions. Just Do It, the heck with T, and live your life abundantly to bury T.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial

Hey, @MattK , the absolutely best post I have ever read since I have joined this forum. Congratulations!

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @MattK observation is worth 1000 Winner ratings, not only some, but he let some things to be understood, didn't word them explicitly, IMO. I will say explicitly what I think he left to be understood: "what if" thinking usually brings catastrophic thinking, and, in continuation of that, catastrophic thinking has catastrophic consequences on our health, and, vice versa, positive thinking, (even apparantely "unrealistical positive thinking") has healing powers. The mind governs the body through our subconscious (that controlls every single cell in out body) and influences, even designs, our future.

On a personal note: my latest attempt to reach healing was to buy a stack of books about this subject. Didn't get to read them all. The most renowned doctors in the world agree to that, and it was verified by experiences in both ways. Negative thinking lead even to death (the lamb who died of fear of a wolf who was in a cage put next to his cage, although the lamb was properly fed and the wolf couldn't get to him) and positive thinking brought what people are calling "miracle healings". (There are no "miracles", actually, each apparent "miracle" has in reality an explanation, but we just don't know it yet, cause we know so little about mind, body, and their intertwinement)

So we should watch our every single thought! It can make us or break us!

4. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      I understand what you are saying and agree with you in principle. But you are setting a standard of perfection to which nobody can possibly adhere! We cannot watch our every thought! The best we can reasonably do is understand the concept and try to keep it in mind. And I'm willing to bet that's what you really meant!