What Kind of Tinnitus Do I Have?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Paul Fontaine, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Paul Fontaine

Paul Fontaine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music I guess, not really sure
      Hello, new member here and hopefully in this space I can know more about this strange symptom I'm 20.

For almost 3-4 years I've listening a strange breath when I hear a strong noise in my ears, sometimes in one or in both. I want to remark that doesn't happen always, sometimes when I go to festivals or stadiums I don't feel anything.

When I'm in more closed places and I hear strong noises (hundreds of people screaming for example) I feel like some electric thing going in my ears, as soon as I cover my ears with my hands I don't feel that. I've living with it for a lot and has not been a big struggle until a few days when my right ear was slapped and I started to feel strong vibrations here but a few days later disappeared(those vibrations were like strong beats every five minutes in average).

The last day before it went out I started to feel a rare high sound in my ear (February 12th), now that the days have passed I still feel just at the night that sound, but I can barely listen to it and a few hours later it disappears again. Yesterday I had in the afternoon (3pm-5pm) and at night (12 pm-1 am). I still have those breaths on my ears sometimes.

I did an audiometry and other exam that I don't know how it can be translated to english and in both I had good results , I don't have hearing loss. Also, I heard loud noise one day per week when before I started with these strange breaths(3 years ago)), now I don't use headphones for almost 3 years. Please I don't know what's going on, I still hear those breaths a few times and they as I said before, don't happen for the same reasons always and now I hear at night this soft acute sound in my ear.

One of the worst things is that my parents think I'm crazy and they hate when I talk of this, I've been struggling with this for the last 10 days so I can understand them but you know...it's sad. I don't know what to do.

PS: Sorry for my english I'm not really good (and my redaction as well)
      PS2: Sometimes I feel beats in my ears but not always, they go away.

2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      May I suggest a visit to an ENT?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paul Fontaine

Paul Fontaine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music I guess, not really sure
      I already did it, I had and audiometry and the results were fine, I have to go again, but I'm so depressed with it.