What Would You Do If Your Tinnitus Suddenly Stopped?

Discussion in 'Support' started by uae96, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Tamika
      No Mood

Tamika Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One loud indoor concert
      I would sit quietly in the beautiful forest next to my home and cry tears of joy and gratitude.

With my normal personality and boundless energy returned I would launch on a campaign for public education and awareness and for regulation and safety warning signs and compulsory handing out of free earplugs at music venues to save others from such a preventable tragedy.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Andrew Bailey
      Balanced

Andrew Bailey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise damage - caused by a power tool.

if my very load constant tinnitus were to suddenly stop!! I think I'd clap my hands, and thank GOD! and think I was so lucky. I'd almost given a choice between a cure for this and a huge lottery win! take the cure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Garye
      Thinking

Garye Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ??
      My Tinnitus likes to tantalize me like that . I get hours ,sometimes more than a day of that wonderful nothing. Just beautiful external normal sounds. And I go to bed ,full of optimism that I am over the hump....and I am woken up again...robbed of my peace!.
      I suppose at this point I should be saying that I am thankful for those times.....but thankful to who or what? I would be much more thankful if this forum could suddenly have no reason to exist. ..and that all of you nice people out there would magically be cured forever.....and never ever have to deal or think about this again.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Owen
      Disappointed

Owen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unclear. Inflammatory allergic reaction/AIED
      Exactly this happened on Wednesday of this week - the first silence lasting more than 1-2 hours in a year and a half.

I woke up in the morning with it quietly - as usual.
      I sat up in bed and as I did so it became louder - as usual.
      I got up and did the morning routine and it became quieter again and off I went to work - as usual.

10 hours later I was back from work and it wasn't there. It was absent all evening and I went to bed without it.

Thursday morning, as I awoke, it was back again.

In answer to the question of what would I do, I can tell you what I did do - Nothing different from usual. I carried on as I have been for the past 18 months, dealing with each and every day as a single day at a time. When I woke up on Thursday morning, I expected it to be present, so I was not shocked, upset, depressed, or anything else about it being there, it just was.

I remain convinced that mine is in some way related to something mechanical (most probably inflammation/ETD) as throughout the day on Wednesday, my ear was not cracking all the time when swallowing, nor did I have as much drainage from my sinuses. These all returned on Thursday.

5. Reinier
      Not amused

Reinier Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosion starting engine
      I would be scared for it to return.
      Yes, my anxiety is still high. Even after almost 9 months.
      I do not believe in miracles. A miracle is just something that hasn't been understood yet.
      But cured. That would be something different!
      Than I would get emotional.

6. Shuffle
      Gloomy

Shuffle Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heavy Metal & Machinery
      Saw them at Reading Festival last year. A good set of earplugs do wonders. Amazing show

As to the thread title, eat, sleep, work and never go anywhere without earplugs! Much like now really. I would spend a good few hours somewhere silent though and just soak it up. You don't know what you got til it's gone....

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      hopefully we will one day find the relief we all are looking for

• Agree Agree x 4
    8. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      I would definitely cry and jump for joy and praise Jesus, Allah, Buddha, and every other God out there. I'd throw a fucking huge party (with no music). I'd do it all man.
      Ricardo

9. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      EXACTLY! I would Never EVER complain about anything again. I would thank God for just giving me this chance. I have lost a lot of faith in God because of this. I know I shouldn't but I just want some mercy and deliverance from this bullshit.
      Ricardo
      (Sorry about my language, just been having a rough day.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Dina

Dina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16
      I am sure Allah will take it away. Ive been suffering for 2 months and a half. But i believe in his kindness and abundance. I wont stop praying and i will chexk in soon and tell you its gone! I have so much faith he has never let me down...i have a newborn 2 kids and family i need to take care of and this has paused my entire life it has broken me into a million pieces but ive learned so much to appreciate everything i ever complained about....god is great...he is kind. He puts is through tests to see how we deal with it and react wether become patient and change to rhe better or be resentful and fall apart. Pray. Dont stop praying
      He owns the power in the medicine
      You can buy a mattress and not sleep
      You can eat good food and not have health
      You can live in the most beautiful house but not have happiness.....you can take ur kods to the best schools but no gauarantee for success. We do out parts, go to doctors take medicine strive and fight back and look for a cure but your heart needs to know and be sure that only He had the ultimate cure. And happiness. Im not giving up. He promised that if we believe that he will cure us he will....and i believe that afyer these 2 agonizing months, antiobiotics, steroids, medication, ct scans, tests, allergy tests, pills, remedies, massage, physical therapy---u name it---i will get cured. I have faith in him and assured like im writing this now...will come back sooner than i think to give u all hope. Please pray. He is your only salvation.

11. DudeMannDude
      Spaced

DudeMannDude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I would be pretty stoked.

12. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I'd honestly be reborn!I don't even want a complete cure!Just a reduction of my symptoms to where I could relax and be happy again,that's all I ask.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. Kotve
      Dumb

Kotve Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck / Jaw
      What is if in 2 years you are still here with T, or maybe in 20 years ? I mean there are enough people on this forum who pray(ed) enough but yet they still suffer from T.

As for me i would just, shutdown every thing and sleep and "listen" to silence again

• Like Like x 1
    14. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      A Party!!! with all my friends and family reunited for the first time!! :D
      ill eat cake, with lots of sugar, and lots of alcohol,
      ill went to a loud strip club, then travel to california and move to venice beach for sure :)
      <3 <3 <3

15. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      I love this idea but reading through these comments has actually made me cry because it's not actually happening :(

16. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I had bad pulsatile tinnitus for 8 months. It went away. I found I went back to doing the same unhealthy stuff I was doing before T very quickly. I was also borderline depressed. If I was cured of the different type of tinnitus I have now I think I would relish a nice healthy long natural sleep without the clicks, drumming, variable tones and beeps. Then I would just go back to a normal mediochre life.

17. Vinnitus
      Tired

Vinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I would jump so high out of happiness, I'd break my legs upon landing without caring... Just because breaking your legs is nothing compared to the psychological torture of relentless, inescapable, never-ending Tinnitus. Then I would pull myself forward for 2 kilometers with my broken legs while crying in joy and gratitude.

After that I'll let my legs heal, because at least a broken leg will heal again after some time, often unlike Tinnitus.

Next I'll pick up my work again, as the horrible Tinnitus has interfered with my ability to be a good software engineer and work is suffering up until now. I would put my full dedication into it once again and write the best piece of software ever written. I would raise funds with the software and donate it to hearing research, so all people around the world with hearing issues could soon jump in happiness too (with or without breaking legs). What a wonderful world it would be...

• Like Like x 1
    18. brownbear

brownbear Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden sensorineural hearing loss ? cochlear hydrops
      If my tinnitus stopped I'm not sure if I would live in fear of it coming back and not being able to re-deal with it!

• Agree Agree x 3
    19. Bill_
      Balanced

Bill_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1. loud Concert | 2. loud club | 3. tympanometry
      Buy back my motorcycle and go for a leeeeeenghty ride (with earplugs)

20. Bam

Bam Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      Did Allah pull through for you?! If so I’m up for conversion.....I could do with some abundant kindness if nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    21. Bam

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      Yep. Same. I would still be shitting it......None of us truly get off the hook until a cure comes along I fear.

• Agree Agree x 2
    22. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Who do you think gave it to you?

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      I would dance with @hoper....If I could find him.

24. Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      I’m dealing with this now. Overnight things got better and I’m stabbing at the dark trying to figure out why. Oddly enough, I’m both happy and worried. I’m terrified that this is just a temporary improvement and it will be back to T hell tomorrow. I can feel the pressure a bit more today and that has me really worried.

• Hug Hug x 1
    25. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Are you talking about Islam?
      T usually doesn't turn off overnight. But even if sometime in the future it will go back to your baseline, chances are that in the long run it will fade (most likely it will end up being even quieter than it is now that it had improved).

• Like Like x 1
    26. MarkLud

MarkLud Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise/music/unknown
      I think I'd just lay in bed for a while and soak up the silence. Then read a book, which I haven't been able to successfully do since my T arrived. Then I'd test myself by listening to some music like I used to at reasonable/"safe" levels to see if I could handle it/no spikes. And then, just maybe, I'd be able to get back to drumming and living my life like I used to (which revolved around music).

A man can hope ...

• Hug Hug x 1
    27. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      We will be the T free rhythm section. Also I'd smoke weed in the woods until I passed out

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    28. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      I'd start dressing like a 1700's aristocrat.

• Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    29. Bam

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      I’m going to hold you to that. I want daily updates on your dandy wardrobe.

• Like Like x 1
    30. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Well today I'm wearing red plaid boxers with khakis, a blue plaid button down shirt tucked in (non oxford collar), and brown tommy hilfiger dress shoes that are all jacked up because I went skateboarding in them. brown belt.

• Genius Genius x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1