What's Happening with My Ear — Woke Up with High-Frequency Sound and Ear Fullness

Discussion in 'Support' started by jerryjerry, Jul 29, 2016.

1. jerryjerry
      Angry

jerryjerry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Woke up this night with a high frequency sound and ear fullness on my right ear. The sound seems to variate by the sounds around me. I have suffering of tinnitus many years but this is really strange. Is my life over now? I was exercising yesterday and felt very good when i went to sleep, so this is really strange. How can this come out of nowhere?

2. Tim Hogan
      No Mood

Tim Hogan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold/Flu (Minor) >>> Botched Acoustic Reflex Test (Severe)
      Its a Tinnitus Spike.

Tinnitus is the most random bullshit medical complication out there so half the time it does what it wants, all you can do is try not to panic and wait it out, since you didn't do anything to physically damage your hearing (assuming you wearnt listening to headphones on max whilst working out). it will probably be temporary.

I couldn't give you a timescale for Spikes, Some say days, some say Months. (3 Months being the Max according to an ENT)

3. Megatron

Megatron Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise, Stress
      Hi both,

6 month according to me (11 years of T) :)

4. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      If it's especially worse in the morning, that's might be because you grind your teeth/tense your jaw when sleeping

• Like Like x 1