When I Move My Head at Night My Tinnitus Increases. Does This Happen to Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tweaker, Oct 29, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Tweaker
      Sad

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Recently, I have noticed that if I have been lying down in bed at night for a while and not yet asleep, if I move my head or turn round my tinnitus loudness increases. Anyone else get this? And what could cause this to happen? Any ideas?

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      there's a theory that one of the things that happens in tinnitus, is that the information from tactile sensory nerves starts to cross over into the auditory nerve (hence why many people with tinnitus can change it by moving their jaw around). So, you may just be noticing a variation on that.

3. Blujay

Blujay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1900
      Could be fluid movement.

4. Shawty
      Curious

Shawty Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably an ear infection or damage to the eardrums.
      The first question I have is, does it stay increased or does it go away when you return to your original position? For me, usually it amps up for a few minutes but once my head gets comfortable in that position the ringing simmers down again. :3

5. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      I get screeching noise with every eye movement, it seems way worse at night and really bad when I first wake up.

6. Tweaker
      Sad

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Same as you. It usually goes down a bit after a few minutes but its not easy to stay in one position as I get restless. Its horrible as you just want to sleep and rest and that is when it is most challenging.