When You Are Talking on the Phone and Engaged in a Conversation, Does Your Brain Tune Out Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JasonP, Apr 1, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. JasonP

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have noticed when I am talking on the phone with someone and engaged in the conversation, my brain seems to tune out the tinnitus pretty well. I was wondering if you all had the same experience.
    2. Rina

Rina Member

florida, USA
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
    3. Mario martz

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Yes!, thats because you are trained your whole life to pay attention when you are talking on the phone.
    4. Alue

Alue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Not entirely. I may not be fixated on it, but I still hear it.
    5. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      No I don't hear it. I hear my t in quiet rooms or areas and at night .
    6. Dana

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not known, too many possible causes
      I never hear my T while on the phone, no matter how loud my T was when I picked up the receiver, but when the conversation ends I have the "pleasant" surprise that my T reacted to the noise and it is whistling ten times louder than before the conversation, no matter how short the conversation was. As of late my T reacts even to a half a minute of conversation. The weirder part is that sometimes this increase in T after the conversation is in the ear I put the receiver against, and sometimes... in the opposite ear, the ear that was free. I have no chances to figure out my T in conditions like that.:(
    7. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      The other day when I was sitting in a complete quite room and talking on my phone with a friend I heard no Tinnitus. Interesting.