Who Said Our Life Is All About Tinnitus? I Share With You Some Pictures I Took After.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Aaron, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      Life is really wonderful, I love taking pictures, and these are all I took after got the T. We are all suffering this a lot, but we could also control our life, to change our mind, and live as happy as before! large_BnjO_0bee0000149a1191.jpg large_TniD_7e4e0000b3e5125c.jpg large_uSki_7baa0000b3b5118c.jpg large_WB5Z_308a00003dfa118c.jpg original_1zMM_2f9a00003dd5118c.jpg original_3cZp_4ce600009c1c1191.jpg original_3ycu_4c5200005eaf1191.jpg original_5Ff7_1bb600006b23125c.jpg original_20kS_5f4b000147ae125d.jpg original_BkE8_6ef70000c1b01260.jpg original_CANA_58c9000026a9118c.jpg original_EdDx_3d8e00002f1b1190.jpg original_Hx9y_713a00002deb118f.jpg original_Jdcb_605d00006e8d118f.jpg original_psx4_0470000044db1191.jpg original_tkxP_1bb60000951f125c.jpg original_Y2ad_603f0000517a125d.jpg original_YsbM_66dd0000b1241260.jpg

• Like x 29
      • Winner x 14
      • Optimistic x 9
      • Agree x 2
      • Hug x 2
    2. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      My goodness, you get around Aaron! :)
      Thanks for making a great point in such an unusual way. We live in an amazing world, tinnitus or not. We should make the most of it. T does not run our lives.

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      I think mindset is the key, after the T, I appreciated every chance to travel, my dream in childhood was to travel around the world, and my favourate subject was geography. After T, I traveled more than before, since I realized that life may be very short, I must do it quicker to achieve my dream.

And after the accidents of Paul Walker and Michael Schumacher, my mindset changed again, I like both of the two guys, enjoyed their movies and F1 race a lot, they are both billionaires, but one 40, another 44....So how about got T in an accident compared with these two poor guys, I think we should value what we still have now, and enjoy the life, because we are lucky, just because we are still alive to see this fabulous world. Haha, maybe this kind of mindset is a result of my recent CBT self-training process.:)

And we still have three important things which The Lord gives us, HOPE, FAITH and LOVE;)

• Like x 7
      • Winner x 6
      • Hug x 5
      • Agree x 2
      • Creative x 1
    4. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Wow Aaron!, you make me realize I need to get out more,lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      Have you ever been to China, if not, Beijing may be a candidate, and my hometown Chongqing is another, I will take any TT member to the Great Wall if you come to Beijing:)

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    6. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I haven't even been on a plane! I live in england and I haven't even visited London....oh how I live a sheltered life, lol.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    7. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Aaron,

Absolutely beautiful photos! Thank you for sharing, and for your wonderful attitude. If I ever get to China, I would love a tour of the Great Wall!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. Garden Ring
      Mellow

Garden Ring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Aaran,
      how funny it is. We are complete strangers from different parts of the world, but we have been to a lot of same places. I like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      Thanks, actually, I am considering Russia as the next station, because of the historical reasons, the generation of Chinese like my parents get strong willingness to go to Russia, I will plan a trip for that, maybe within 2 years. I wish that the Winter Olympic in Sochi will be a great success

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      I will drive you to the real great wall, there are some parts of the great wall that are not protected as a national park, we call it "wild" great wall here, and not much tourists there, you can have a true feeling of the massive history

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      I have just visited the UK last summer

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    12. Garden Ring
      Mellow

Garden Ring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      I guess, 八达岭 is not one of these places? :) But still I got a chance to visit it this summer.

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Russia is nice! You should take the train while you travel there:) There are many-many beautiful places in Siberia as well:)) However... you should come to Estonia as well! I would take you to see our nice bogs and swamps;)

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. Riikka

Riikka Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2007
      Those are really amazing photographs! I especially like the photos of New York, as it's the last place I visited on holiday. It is true, you never know when live ends or changes considerable, so we should try to appreciate the time we have!

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    15. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane

I also have been doing CBT since I first got tinnitus. But you take it to a new level. See you on the Great Wall!

Ps: aren't you ever worried about what long plane flights will do to your tinnitus? I got my T through barotrauma caused by an overseas flight, so I had been scared to fly again. I finally did at Christmas and it was fine... But only a two hour flight.

• Hug Hug x 1
    16. Garden Ring
      Mellow

Garden Ring Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      I have always worried about damaging my ears in a plane, but in the end damaged them at a concert :)
      As for the planes, I have taken 7 flights after my onset, and even took a helicopter just yesterday. Everything is fine so far (as fine as it could be, obviously).

• Like Like x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      八达岭 is the most famous one, for tourists, especially for foreign clients. 八达岭 is great anyway, very steep

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      Yes, I think Estonia is not far away from Saint Petersburg, will consider to cover it at once:)

• Like Like x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      I just take the ear plugs, and from June 2012 when I got T until now, at least 5 oversea long trip and countless domestic flight(because of my job, I usually fly every week or 2 weeks), seems fine for my ear, never change the T

20. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I read your post incorrectly and thought you were posting photos of before and after T

I love that I got to the end and they were all after T :) that's fabulous!

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. EddyLee
      Tolerant

EddyLee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I was planning to travel again and just notice this thread.
      Thanks for sharing the photos and your experience Aaron.
      Great photos and fabulous travelling experience!

Btw, my ears will usually blocked or pain every time i fly but i've never bother about it before i got T.
      Now i might need to be more careful so i'm planning to use ear plug this time.
      May i know what kind of ear plug you are using Aaron?
      I googled and found this
      http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HTWL8C/?tag=tinntalk-20

• Winner Winner x 1
    22. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Tell me about that steep one. As a tourist that was where our tour guide took us to. People went up one side and came down on the other side. I still remember how I went up - the middle where there was plenty of space. I literally jogged up to the top until the last castle, taking rest every 2 or 3. How I appreciate my 20+ years of steelhead/salmon fishing here in our rugged wild rivers having to walk average of 6-8 hours per trip looking for the fish. I didn't know how good my legs were after all that training from fishing until I managed to jog up the Great Wall. Haha. Thank you very much Aaron to show us in real life what I have been emphasizing all along - you can still enjoy life and live it abundantly even after T or having a loud one. You prove it with you life and the great pictures. Congrats brother.

Regarding the plane ride, I also saw no ill effect. After my T a few years back, I had flown many times to Asia across the Pacific, to Hawaii, Bahamas, Toronto etc. No ill effect. I used earplane ear plug initially back then during take offs. But now I don't need to use anything. If needed during the take offs, I just use my fingers over the ears for a short time. I think it is a good idea to use a decongestant if you have very plugged nose such as from sinus or a cold.

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      I just use the normal foam ear plugs

24. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      I love this thread! Now I can dream of traveling overseas again. Because my tinnitus was caused by a plane flight, I thought I never could fly again. Tried it at Christmas and was ok but it was a short two-hour flight. Thanks to all of you for giving me hope. I love travel and also have been to some the places in these photos.

25. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      Oh man - I'm pretty jelly! Those are some amazing shots, keep up the good work my friend!

26. EddyLee
      Tolerant

EddyLee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Alright, i think i'll just try both earplane and foam ear plug. Thank you billie and Aaron for the info.

27. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      I used the ear planes on the ascent and descent, then foam plugs (just to block out the noise) when we reached cruising altitude. Read the directions on the ear planes box before your flight. There are specific instructions on when to put them in and take them out.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      :)
      With ear plugs, I think it's okay, go again, conquer the world:)

• Hug Hug x 1
    29. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hi Aaron, forget to say what a dare-devil you are jumping off the plane. That is something I long to do one of these days before I get too old. Haha. From the camera angle, who could have taken the picture for you. Was the camera mounted on the parachutes and where was that place? It looks like a tropical beach below.

For those who want to shop for ear plugs for flying, here is a good link with comparison:
      http://site.earplugstore.com/ear_plugs_for_flying.htm

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Aaron
      Fine

Aaron Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/22/2012
      Can you see there is a pole on the right hand of the coach, the camera is on the top of the pole and the coach can control the camera with his right hand.

It is Fethiye in Southern Turkey.

• Like Like x 1