Why Does Water Run Out of My Ears Sometimes?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Isabella 123, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Isabella 123
      Curious

Isabella 123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably traumatic noise event
      If I sleep on my right side the next morning water runs out of my right ear. Left side, left ear runs water. It's just a few drops, clear, no odor. I have been told by my otherwise no-good ENT that there is nothing wrong with my ears or eardrums. Of course he didn't spend much time looking in my ears... What might this be a symptom of?

PS I'm already sure it's not from water getting in my ears when I shower, so it's not that.

2. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hi Isabella im pretty sure its sweating of some sort I get this too....when I get up in the morning depending on which side I slept on the ear canal can be really wet but usually dries up after a few minutes dont worry about it much but if its causing concern have it checked out

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Isabella 123
      Curious

Isabella 123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably traumatic noise event
      Sweating deep inside the ear? I feel it trickling from inside to the outside. They never used to do this...

4. Maithe Marshall
      Gloomy

Maithe Marshall Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last week.
      Have you told your ENT about this? Or a dr? That is very odd o_O I would have that checked out asap

5. Mindphaser
      Confused

Mindphaser Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2015
      I've actually had my ears leak clear liquid profusely from time to time... all day long. I think it is sort of like an allergic reaction. It comes from the ear canal, not the eardrum or deeper.