Why Is DTL Following the TRT Lies?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marlino, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I just stumbled over a thread in German DTL forum, which upsets me pretty much.

DTL is the German counterpart to ATA.

The the official DTL moderator states that T is always the same level and only perception makes it better or worse. To state this in general is a pure lie and reminds me of TRT assertions! Why are they telling people this nonsense? It makes me feel a psycho to say my bad days are just my fault focusing to much.
      It's trivialzing my biggest problem with T, the ever repeating cycles of ups and downs.

If I know something than that I have mild and severe days. This is not perception. Even after a bad sleep tonight and feeling tired and scared my T is mild today.

Are DTL people living from telling people this myth?

Btw, heres the link:
      http://forum.tinnitus-liga.de/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=1708

2. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      I also have fluctuating tinnitus and it's associated with my hearing loss, do you also have hearing loss? Let me know
      Dom

3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      This kind of shit makes me sick as well. My tinnitus was very mild before I did a additial damage, I couldn't hear it with any type type of background noise even if I tried. Now, it screams with the addition of hearing loss but I guess it's all my imagination. We are light years away from any progress with this type of BS floating around.

• Agree Agree x 3
    4. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well they're kinda right. Of course, if you have reactive T like me, I'm not causing the spike. All the sound waves are causing it. When you're conscious of your T of course it's going to get louder. And most people are going to panic, making it even louder. Tinnitus feeds of emotion. That's why it's important to not fall into that trap.

5. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      This in itself is certainly true, but as well, there is always the possibility of the sound changing because the nature of the pathology has changed (looking at Telis here), so to say that tinnitus always stays at one level is to assume the primary injury is all that happens and there is no secondary or extension of the injury process. I've had Audiologists repeat this no-further-damage mantra to me, but I've not seen it proven clinically. Even my own tinnitus has shifted in tone and frequency this year. As a neurosurgeon once said to us as students, ''a change in signs means a change in pathology".

6. Mike82
      Wishful

Mike82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      If only this were true for everyone.

My tinnitus is not louder in volume because of my perception. It's louder in volume because it got louder.

As a naturally analytical person, it always surprises me how many tinnitus sufferers wish to deny this possibility. Perhaps it's because, deep down, we don't want the same thing to happen to us?

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      If you have T loud then its loud if you have it soft then you can habituate..From experience I know
      Thats it end of. 31 years come April

• Agree Agree x 1