Why It's Not Helpful to Tell People "You're Lucky Your Tinnitus/Hyperacusis Isn't Worse."

Discussion in 'Support' started by Red, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I also have an inbox, and if you were read to the messages in it, you would also realize (who am I kidding, you won't) how reckless of you it is to advise what you have been advising.
      Not preferable to louder T?! You must love T.
      Wait a second, so THAT is the kind of a message that you think would change my mind about alerting people about what could cause those incidents that hurt them?! You know, One alternative is to minimize the number of incidents that one ends up having.
      Not too long ago, I had visited what was basically a zoo with birds, and I can assure you that some exotic birds are LOUD. I was wearing double protection while I was there, so I was ok. Nothing that I had ever posted here would make one to think that walking on gravel or talking could harm them. On second thought, if walking on gravel for a long time Had resulted in a reaction (I never said that anything like that would or could happen), then perhaps one ought to consider not doing that again. I bet as time goes on, they will heal and eventually they won't have that reaction, at which time it would be ok to resume doing this.
      It makes sense to take the task of preventing a permanent increase in one's T Seriously! In other words, using your logic some people are obsessed with seat belts or making sure that they don't smoke.
      It sounds like he learned the hard way that this is what works best for him. I am glad that he is not just doing what you tell him to do (because he ought to be safe, in your opinion), but that he listens to the signals from his own body, and learns from the mistakes made by the others.

Your own experiences seem to disprove your own theories, but I guess you live in a state of denial.

• Winner Winner x 1
    2. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      It does take a while to work out the good and bad advice on this forum.