Woke Up Last Night... My Inner Left Ear Felt Warm

Discussion in 'Support' started by cflkb, Nov 4, 2015.

1. cflkb

cflkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2012
      Woke up last night at about 1am. My left ear was shrieking louder than normal. It freaked me out. Also my inner left ear felt warm inside which I've never experienced before. It feels fine this morning though. If it was an ear infection, wouldn't it still be warm/hot inside my ear or worse? Or I'd have a fever and headaches? I'd rather not spend copay just to be sent home with nothing wrong, again, but it's always on the back of my mind if I should go or not. My left ear calmed down this morning meaning it's back to its usual sound(s). Thanks for reading my rant. Take care everyone. Anyone else have this experience?

2. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      i know your feel bro

when i have a spike, then i act like:
      OHSHITRUNAROUND.gif

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      It certainly doesn't sound like an ear infection. You would know if you had an ear infection believe me that's how I got tinnitus. So don't worry.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi ,
      Tinnitus can change in sound and strength anytime for a reason or no reason.
      Due to brain activity through the night it is quite normal to wake up to tinnitus being louder .
      See how you get on and if carries on you might want your ears checked for a wax build up or if start having ear pain a possible ear infection brewing..
      Tinnitus spikes usually settle back down to its normal base sound over the next few days....lots of love glynis

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      cflkb

cflkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2012
      Thanks everyone. I do feel a lot better now and my T sound has returned to normal. I will add that last night when I woke up, I was drenched in sweat. I don't remember if I had a nightmare or what, but my heart was pounding too. I wonder if that contributed to my spike. My ear is no longer hot/warm and there's no pain, so I'm thinking and hoping that there's no infection.
      And thanks to all that responded. It really feels great to have people that care and understand. Wishing everyone a good nights rest. I'm a little worried about sleeping tonight--- more so than other nights.