Woke Up with a Loud Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by reflect, Oct 30, 2017.

1. reflect

reflect Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/23/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concert
      Hi, I recently started using the site so I thought this was the appropriate place to post.

I had tinnitus about couple months ago due to a loud concert causing about mild tinnitus. It caused me stress and anxiety within my first month of dealing with it but overtime I was able deal with it and get used to it.

I was feeling even my tinnitus fading and improvement that I would wake up to days with silence, but now I woke up recently to a loud spike and i'm unsure if it'll it go down. Feeling really worried and stressed out about the situation, will this eventually go down?

2. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Hello Reflect,

When my Anxiety and Depression was at their worst because of Tinnitus, maybe 2 or 3 times a week I was waking up in the middle of the night with big spikes and fleeting tinnitus.

I relate this strongly with my Anxiety and Depression.

For now, Tinnitus is still there, but is not my biggest concern, I have made the peace with it. Since my Anxiety about T reduced, I have not had other episode of waking nights because of the sound. I sleep like a newborn everynight.

Regards!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      reflect

reflect Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/23/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concert
      Thanks Johnny, this has given me some relief to my issue. Hopefully, my spike and tinnitus will fade as I continue to move on.

4. Jiri
      No Mood

Jiri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + injury
      Can I join in the club? I woke up with a spike already and it just got so much worse towards the evening! This is now getting absolutely unbereable.... the paaaaain.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Barry33

Barry33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This happens to me as well. Im sure tens of thousands of us as well. Spikes are the ,most troubling part of this affliction to me