Worried and Going Nuts

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sven, Jun 15, 2013.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I handled it quite well all afternoon and evening yesterday, but this morning I felt as if my T was back at full strength again. Sometimes I think it is just like when it was brand new. I felt equally bad (if not worse) back then, and that makes me wonder whether it has become louder of if it's just my defence that has broken down and needs rebuilding (or both?). At the moment it seems I can hear it through almost anything. The shower and sitting in our dining room (which is my dining room for just one more week) are the two best places to be. The dining room because there's an aquarium there and the fridge and freezer are just nearby. They provide some masking.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I'll answer you here, in "my" thread instead.

Yes, I mentioned the things happening to me, but I never felt THAT stressed over the whole thing. Maybe you can be stressed without feeling it, but my real stress and anxiety didn't happen until my tinnitus got worse. (After I started worrying about loud music exposure, 11 days ago). Of course, that could be the trigger, but the more days that go by, the more I think that my volume really has increased, and it makes me so upset. I fear it's the T that makes me depressed, not the other way around.

Right now I'm in the middle of moving from my house. Short, short periods of time I forget about my increase, but all of a sudden it just comes back and fills my head. Especially, of course, when I enter my quiet basement, for example.

I really don't want to start eating antidepressants, but maybe I should go back to my doctor...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      %&%¤##" - Yesterday, most of the day, I handled it quite well and I kept thinking; maybe it hasn't worsened or maybe I have adapted already, but come nighttime and even worse, now in the middle of the night, the T dominates my head again. I try using the radio's sleep function as masking (for the first time in 12-13 years) the volume I need to mask seems to loud for me to sleep. How annoying isn't that.

What gives me some - albeit just a little - hope, is that this increased T is located in the same place right-left-wise as my very old T. (Before other changes to it happened over the years, including at least one increase) Maybe it also IS the same... I doubt it, though.

Just writing in order to get it out of my system. My experience isn't unique here, but I felt I needed to "talk" to someone.

4. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      What kind of sounds are you listening to on your radio?

I love SimplyNoise's website, and especially Purple/Brown Noise and Rain.

http://simplynoise.com/

http://rain.simplynoise.com/

Often tinnitus worsens at nighttime, I guess possibly because it so easily affects sleep, and then people are afraid of it being bad (and thus pay more attention to it at night) when trying to get sleep...

I'm sure tomorrow's going to be better for you again :) Here's hoping.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I hope you're right. I haven't tried any other noises than actually listening to the radio. Perhaps I need to start using masking noises and headphones instead.

6. MarkW
      Hot

MarkW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      19 Feb 2013
      Hey guys, what I have found useful is a sleeping pillow with a speaker inside. This for me is much better than having a fun or the radio, because when I use those I still hear the T with my head being on a pillow. With the pillow with inside speaker the volume of my tinnitus is perceived as lower. Anyways I wish you the best Sven! If you managed to habituate to it once, you will be able to do so again :)

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I've seen those and I am considering one. Thanks for your support. Deep within I know you're right and I will habituate sometime, should it not get better...

8. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Sven, the water tub sound video on YouTube helps me sleep when my T spikes. Hope you feel better soon.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Thanks. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Actually, in the room I'm in right now we have an aquarium. I've never before considered getting one on my own (I'm separating and moving as we speak), until now. The sound from it is a pretty good masker. (I won't even need to keep any fish in it. ;) )

10. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Yes aquariums are great for that Lol ! Sorry I meant the shower sound video on YouTube not tub video .

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Also, I think my daughter would like it if I had an aquarium as well. :)

Anyway, a little update on my T. The sound hasn't improved at all yet. Yesterday morning I thought it had, but it came back at me later on. I have, however started coping with my "new T" better mentally, even though I throw the occasional curse at it and even though it still bothers me at night. It still makes me angry, but most of the really bad anxiety I felt a week ago is gone.

12. Piper
      Loved

Piper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2013
      Its impossible to not get stressed with this, I am just waiting the mental health team to come round and try me on antidepressants

13. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Are you guys drinking lots of water ? It seems to help reduce the volume somewhat.

14. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello Piper, do not take anti depressants, it'll just make matters worse in the long run. To sleep take 'An Shen Bu Xin Wan', it's a traditional Chinese Herbal medicine. My Naturopath gave it to me, maybe you can buy online.

15. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Sherri786,

Don't know about this pineapple thing cause I consume seven of those large large tin cans every week, still have super loud T.

16. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      I'm definitely getting some new T assessments when I go home. The hearing loss aspect of T seems so strange to me, they all say that hearing loss and T goes hand in hand, but still I read that its as normal with no hearing loss. I think I need new tests to really cover this issue of hearing loss. My test at the ENT came ok in regards to hearing.

17. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Sorry to hear that Per, over the last 4 months I have realized that the pineapples were helping me in the beginning when I got T due to aspirin overdose, but when my ears got further damage to loud noise in small planes.... Nothing seems to be helping now :( I've tried many many different supplements. Tonight I'm ordering some super green foods....I'll keep you updated as to how that works out. Take care.

18. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Sorry forgot to mention sometimes " resveratrol " pills helps reduce the T spike.

19. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Sherri786, I'm glad it works for you! That's the most important thing, I didn't mean to sound too negative but I guess I just wondered cause I really like pineapple. I need to find what lowers my T, it seems to be very all over the place, as it just goes where it wants to. Over time I guess I will learn to understand its character better.

I'll keep on eating pineapple:)

• Like Like x 1
    20. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hi Per, how are you ? Hope the T volume is lower ? Mine spiked today because I think I ate ice cream yesterday, I have been avoiding white sugar, white rice and flour. It's pretty loud right now and driving me crazy. I have ordered some Supergreen food and will let you know how that goes. Also I'm writing to " John of God " tomorrow for distance healing. I don't know whether or not you have heard of John of God ! ( of Brazil ).

21. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      It's good that you can define what food makes it worse and what makes it better. Eating healthy has never been unhealthy :)

No, never heard of John of God?

22. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello Per, how Are you ? I hope you're T has been quieter . Well John of God is a healer in Brazil, who does distance healing too. I finally got around to writing to him and today he looked at my pict and on Monday or Tuesday I'll know the result, which means they'll let me know whether or not I can be healed from a distance or would I have to travel to Brazil. If I can be healed they'll send me some herbs which i have to take for 55 days. Also my natural foods which Roan had suggested is on its way. Will keep you updated. Take care xox

23. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Hope it helps. Is he a Christian?

24. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hi Per, he's Christian , but he's a spiritual healer and people of all faiths go to him. I'm Muslim. I'll keep you updated. Take care !

25. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Ok, good luck. Fingers crossed ;)

26. Bacus

Bacus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Hi, sherry,

How long have u been taking An Shen Bu Xin Wan, and is it comparable to ,say, sleeping tablets or antidepressant .

One of the benefits of this herb it says that it lowers the tinnitus ,have u experienced that,

Iam desperately looking for something natural to sleep, been on elavil it ....really aggravated my tinnitus . I have tried melotonin
      And a bunch of over the counter meds, NO LUCK.

Many thanks

27. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hi Bacus, sorry to hear about your T. Yes Im still taking the An Shen, it consists of about 12 different herbs, so it's all natural. On the box it says to take 8 pills 3 times a day. I never took any during day time, I only take at bedtime and usually I took 4 pills not 8, unless the T is very loud then I take 8. It's really very good and no harmful side effects, I wake up feeling fine and fresh. I'm not quite sure if it lowered my T, but it did help me sleep well, as I never took it during day time I'm not sure if it would lower it or not.
      For a while my T has been pretty calm, I gave up on all supplements except Bio Flavanoid and B 12, and am trying to eat as healthy as poss. I'm going this week for a vitamin blood test , I've read of some people who were very deficient on B 12, and were able to lower their T volume with B12injections. Please follow my thread " New here " lots of good info there. Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

28. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Oh and I've been taking An Shen for over a month now.

29. Dhaval
      Buzzed

Dhaval Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 months
      @ Sherri786
      and
      hi All

I would like to know if any one can share the chinese methodology that their practitioner has taught them. i would like to try it.....Also can any one tell me where i can get this chinese medicine An Shen Bu Xin Wan if nothing else it will help me sleep...getting pretty anxious about getting some control over this dam thing.....

finally...does any one's T increase in the morning after waking up or just when you're sort of half asleep but cant go back to sleep.....mine almost always increases in the morning (and i always hate that)...it then subsides a bit and remains low for the most part but bcoz of this increase it almost always knocks out my efforts to forget about it.

cheers
      Dhaval

30. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Dhakal: yep, my days start and end loud. I now pretty much avoid most caffeine in the morning since it makes is worse and turn on the radio right away.

• Like Like x 1