Worried! Fell In to a Mirror and It Smashed on the Wall!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Charbee, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Charbee
      Sunshine

Charbee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not 100% sure
      I just lost my footing and fell in to the dressing table and the mirror hit the wall and smashed. I don’t know how far away my ear was when it happened. I just know my ear is going crazy and I’m in a panic and I don’t know how I’m going to cope. I don’t think I am ever going to be able to cope again.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      You are panicking. That is likely elevating your tinnitus. Having a large mirror break would startle anyone, increasing their heart rate, and alerting the limbic system. My heart sped up even just thinking about it.

Were you at all cut by the glass? Can you safely remove the broken pieces?

I know it’s not easy, but try to calm down. Let your nerves calm down.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      It is fear, anxiety and stress that is causing you to panic. Brought on by worrying over a smashed mirror that I'm sure,wouldn't do any harm to your ears and auditory system. Try to stop giving importance to this by directing your thoughts elsewhere,and you will begin to feel better.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Charbee,
      As long as you haven't cut yourself you will be fine duck so please don't panic and hope your not superstitious because I'm not.
      Maybe treat yourself to a new one and a nice day tomorrow doing some lovely girlie shopping take your mind off it.
      Make yourself a nice warm drink and chill out with some lovely music and try to put it behind you now after the shock it caused..
      love glynis xxx

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Charbee
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      10/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not 100% sure
      Luckily it didn’t shatter it just has a crack down it and I broke one side of where the mirror is attacked to the back if that makes sense? I put my hand out to stop myself falling and fell in to the mirror and then it smacked off the wall and make a crack down it but it banged on the wall. I haven’t cut myself thankfully. Not even sure how I managed to fall lol I don’t even drink alcohol so I can’t blame that. I must think I am a ballerina, a bad one at that.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Charbee
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      10/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not 100% sure
      @glynis no I’m not superstitious lol or I think I’d be panicking even more having 7 years bad luck. I reversed my car in to another car a few days ago by accident and smashed my reflector light. I don’t think I need a mirror breaking to give me bad luck this week :dohanimation: Xxx

7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Charbee,
      Aww duck,hope you have a lovely weekend.
      I'm not sure what your time zone is but Friday 13th has just passed it's 12.32 am here...
      love glynis

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      For most people it is not easy to earn a permanent T spike. Temporary spikes can last a surprisingly long time. In any case, for the first month (or even for the first three months) I think you can safely assume that your spike is going to be temporary. Try to be more careful in the future, but try not to worry Too much about this.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Charbee
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      10/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not 100% sure
      @glynis im in the uk so it’s the same time for me too, thank you I hope you have a lovely weekend too.

@Bill Bauer thank you, I will keep that in mind and stay calm as much as possible.

10. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Charbee
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      10/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not 100% sure
      @Bill Bauer thanks for those links I feel calmer in the sense a spike can last so long as still go back to how it was before. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
    12. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      My longest spike (that was the result of me pressing a loud phone to my bad ear, and the person on the other end raising her voice as she greeted me) had lasted for well over three months. Eventually it was gone.

• Like Like x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Charbee
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      10/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not 100% sure
      @Bill Bauer Sorry you had a spike that lasted so long. I’m glad it finally went though.

• Like Like x 1