Worried My Tinnitus Is Going to Stay Loud...

Discussion in 'Support' started by ClubRacer, Sep 11, 2018.

1. ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      I introduced myself a week or so ago and explained that I’ve had tinnitus for about 3 years due to a loud nightclub, however after a few weeks it died down and was the regular easy to live with tinnitus.

About 6 weeks ago my left ear got a little louder and then just went louder as the week went on. Went to hospital and nothing was found bar a little redness and with having a lot of pressure in my head thought I had a sinus infection that I was taking tablets for.

It still hasn’t really settled and I’ve had the tests and my hearing is good, blood pressure etc fineness but I still have the funny pressure heads and the ringing.

Will it go back to normal or is this my new normal?

2. Wolfears

Wolfears Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely accoustic trauma
      Can you remember any changes that you did 6 weeks ago...from stress to diet to exposure to anything loud?

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      Only thing I can think of was driving commercial tractors for a couple of weeks clearing a site. Was fine first while but maybe the noise or vibration has annoyed it. Other than that I can’t really think of much on site its loud but I always carry my plugs when saws start etc just doesn’t want to calm down but bar that nothing has changed

4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013

Which tablets were you taking for your suspected sinus infection?

5. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      From reading your post, you mention a possible sinus infection. You took meds for it? Are you done with the meds? if this is the case, then it can take a bit of time for the ears/infection to get better...even after the meds are done. Infections/illnesses can possibly, make the tinnitus louder.

Worrying and anxiety can and will keep a spike/louder tinnitus going for quite a while. You need to curb that anxiety/stress and just take things day by day. Shift that focus away, from the fear/stress/the noise to something else. This can be done by meditating, exercise......

Hang in there and let the board know if we can help you with anything else......

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Sinus problems can give you a funny head as well as brain fog a fuzzy head feeling .
      love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      Co-oxy something is what I was taking I stopped them last week but I still have that blocked up feeling and a runny noise a bit, I hope it goes back down to a manageable amount again. I actually started taking cbd oil at night and it’s great for helping with sleeping etc and makes it no worse. At one point I felt my head was going to explode there was so much pressure and I’ve no real syntoms of the more serious condition to do with ear loss etc. I think it will calm down, my ent is 99% it will aswell but just hard to let it not bother you at this volume

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      Would it be normal for tinnitus to get louder in on ear and just stay that loud for good even without any real change? I think the vibration and sinus issue was the problem but surely neither can damage my ear?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      Anyone?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      My tinnitus started with a sinus infection. The doctors think so as the pressure was crazy in my head and left ear got worse and worse, little redness but nothing to be seen in ears.

I don’t think the vibration from tractors etc helped and at the moment I’m trying to stay away from everything noisy.

I feel my ear is slightly tender at times and still have the funny head.

Hard to say but will my tinnitus go back to normal or is this my new volume of ringing?

It’s pretty loud and hard to drown out.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      Can someone help?

12. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      You have hearing loss, ENT's don't care about research
      upload_2018-9-15_19-5-15.png

13. Twinkle18

Twinkle18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Lexapro
      Unfortunately no one knows. If could get better or it may not. Best thing to do is move forward and try not to let it get to you. I know that’s easier said than done but I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      Is there anything to help with this?

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      Just seems to me that when the really bad pressure came and was told I had sinus issues the ear got worse, not so much pressure now but my nose and head still feel blocked up and ear feels tender at times.

16. Twinkle18

Twinkle18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Lexapro
      My suggestion would be to go an see another doctor. It’s very possible that you may have an infection. Is it possible that you have allergies?

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      Never been known to bar having hay fever the past few years, when I read up a little on the jaw related things my jaw cracks etc badly but has done since I was a kid, when I open it wide the noise changes louder. I haven hope it’ll settle but must be a reason it hasn’t by now. I’m very careful around loud noises etc since I got it at the start

18. Twinkle18

Twinkle18 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Lexapro
      It very well could be jaw related. However I can’t be certain. I am unable to modulate my tinnitus in any way. But from what I have read it’s very common even if you don’t have TMJ. I just got over a cold/flu and my ears still feel a little sensitive (from inflammation). But it seems Advil helps with this. You may have some inflammation?

You could ask @Greg Sacramento he seems very knowledgeable about this sort of thing. He may be able to help you pin point a cause.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      Thanks for the help I think it will settle Just a matter of time, the tenderness comes and goes but the blocked feeling just stays I’ve booked into a private ent to see what the crack is

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    20. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @ClubRacer Your jaw could be causing pressure to sinus, facial and sometimes just one ear. There's two nerves within the jaw where they go the ear, but other nerves split or have focus to facial.

Infection is less common unless the sinus is primary or a dental problem. Fluid pressure building in the inner ear is possible. If you have been getting extra fluid in the mouth, then there might be an infection or your jaw is enflamed.

There's thousands of very complex articles that discuss facial, mouth/ jaw- nerves/joints and teeth connections. One path for research is facial pain. Not sure if your medications started anything, but maybe have a dentist examine your mouth for any changes. If there's no problems, then maybe a mouth guard would help.

Within this link read about the Medial and Lateral Pterygoid, Temporalis and Muscles of Mastication. I can provide links on mouth and facial, but they are long and complex reads. Facial / mouth is very complex. I would see a good dentist. With any treatment and/or a mouth guard you may get relief.
      http://www.pain-education.com/facial-pain.html

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      I’m going to see my ent tomorrow again and get him check my sinus, nothing has changed in my life so I’m hopeful it’ll settle down again it’s just this blocked feeling all the time, seems worse at night but maybe that’s just because you hear it more

• Like Like x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      Seen ent he thinks it’s sinus problems since I still have the pressure in my head, my left side of my nose is almost closed completely and thinks the tube could be blocked. Seeing another ent privately next week but is there anything I can do at home to try relieve the pressure/blocked tube if this is the case

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ClubRacer

ClubRacer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One night in a club
      Anyone any insight to this? 7/8 weeks is way too long for a spike when nothing has changed bar getting really bad pressure in the front of my head/ear. Really bad today I think I’ve annoyed my ears by trying to clear my head by doing a couple of exercises to free up tubes