Worst Earache... Help!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Asian, Dec 3, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Yesterday night in the middle of sleep I had the worst earache ever. It was kind of throbbing pain and almost made me scream . I had bad T in the same ear throughout the day. I have an appointment with an ENT in an hour and expect him to prescribe a course of some eardrops or antibiotics. I am scared they might be ototoxic and might do more harm than good but the ear pain I had was intolerable!

The pain lasted for about 10 minutes and is not there since morning . Is it wise to take medicine for it ? I also had a sensation of insect crawling inside my ears and my ears would become numb for about 5 minutes. All this is unusual for me and has never happened before . any suggestions ?

2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Be careful with antibiotic ear drops. I'm pretty sure they will just hand them to you on the slightest idea that it could be an infection. My T exploded after taking them.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. nogood
      Torn

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      Does ur jaws hurt??

4. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Its an upper respiratory infection. The inside of my ears are sore and red and the pain I have is horrible. My throat and nose are in bad condition too. I am prescribed antihistamine and corticosteroid. The T is bad as expected. I feel terrible and fucked up dude

5. john livingston
      Cool

john livingston Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1974
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      football contact
      @Asian I have had ear aches so bad I've gone to the emergency room at 3 am only to find out ear was fine that it was my tm joint and not an ear infection. The ent told me to hold my fist under my chin with a little pressure and try to open my mouth and do this over and over for a bit and it seems to work. And I have done it quiet often for some relief!

6. nogood
      Torn

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      Sorry to hear that.. hope u recover soon..
      Keep urself hydrated and take good rest.

Chicken soup or mutton bone soup helps reduce inflammation. (If u can eat meat give it a try.. home cooked.. avoid outside food)

antihistamine this thing dries out the nostrils and sinus. . Lots of water and steaming.. it will help remove the dried up mucus..