Worst Office Visit Ever...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Geo, Apr 8, 2015.

1. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      He is on Keppra right now...its his best shot....Amitrip is just a antideppresant, for people who are depressed.

2. No it isn't Dan. lol.. maybe keppra isn't his best shot..maybe amitrip would help with his T, pain and H like it is my friends.

And it was a suggestion to @Geo

You want to give me some useful advice, try answering my question..or are you just into instilling fear into people?

3. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      First of all, where did you get the idea that I am trying to instill fear into people exactly....
      Second, its not??? A quick Google search gave me-

What is amitriptyline?
      Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant. It affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced.

Amitriptyline is used to treat symptoms of depression.

I wasn't aware you asked a question Lynn.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Sorry to hear that it's gotten worse. But are you trying anything to change that ? Apparently staying far from noises didn't do any well..Are you getting any sort of therapy?

5. Seems you left alot of your google search out to just prove your point.

"is just an antidepressant"

Yes..and widely used to treat neuralgia, pain, migraines, tinnitus and sleep disorders! So its not "just" an antidepressant!

Next time you say to someone "------worsened my T" then fail to back up facts as to how, think about whether or not your answer was supportive or fear inducing. Did you cold turkey Dan? or did you withdrawl slowly? Cause that makes a huge difference whether or not clonazepam worsened your T.

Second of all..your occlusion effects. ." my bad" makes for good reason why people really ought to consider whether or not even joining these boards for anything other than support! .....bad advice can lead to bad things.

Dr Nagler is right y'all..go see a professional!

6. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Wait what? Are you holding me accoutable for not telling you to not shout or abnormally raise your voice while wearing earplugs? If I recall correctly - and it has been almost a year now, at the time Here2Help was giving you advice NOT to wear earplugs at ALL - so I was busy trying to prevent you from making that mistake. Trust me, if you were to take his advice not to protect yourself in restaurants, you might be in Geo's position right now Lynn. I am not perfect Lynn, but I am positive that I made a thread about occlusion effect in general, around that time or before as well....

I dont understand your beef with me right now. Geo is on Keppra right now, so he cant try Amitrip at the moment anyways. Ok, fine, Amitrip has off-lable uses for the things you said, its true. We are just having a discussion, so if you feel I left something out, please point it out, but without animosity please. Like I said , I am only human. This is a forum not a medical centre, so anybody wanting to try any drugs has to discuss with their healthcare physician anyways.

And no, I did not quit cold turkey.

So I guess coffee is off then?

• Agree Agree x 1