5 Weeks That Turned My Life Upside Down

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by David S, Dec 1, 2013.

1. David S

David S Member Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Dear all,

First thanks for listing to my story and hopefully giving me some advice.

About 5 weeks ago a developed a (pulsate) tinnitus. Only on my left ear.

The tinnitus sound like pilings/or rings in a quite stable stream. It is about a second between the pilings. It does not seem to be plus related. It is about 8000 hz. All high tones I hear sounds like I broken speaker. Also when I got a lot of high tones into my eras it seam to upset my ringing to be more like a stable tone.

Once it is almost quite it is like small bells in a sequence lite this.

…… …… …… …… …….

I did I normal hearing test that didn’t indicate any lost.

My guess is that a wax prop together with a small infection triggered this. Could it be that my cells in my ear got irritated for few days and now spontaneous now send signals?

The only time once I really believe I can cover my tinnitus is in the shower. All sound that colidate with the tinnitus sound like a higher piling if you understand what I mean.

I have this tinnitus on my mind all the time. This really turned my life upside down.

Any idea what I could try. I am thinking of HBO?

Thanks again for all tips or ideas.

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, David, and welcome to Tinnitus Talk!

Sorry you're having a difficult time right now with your tinnitus. I have pulsatile tinnitus (in time with heartbeat), plus ringing/hissing tinnitus, so I certainly understand what you must be going through right now.

It's a good sign that you can mask the tinnitus when you take a shower. Have you looked into any masking devices for your tinnitus (from an audiologist)? There are devices, like hearing aids, that mask tinnitus, even if you don't have any hearing loss. It might be something you could check into with your audiologist.

I don't know much about HBO, but there are some other people on this forum who have tried it, with varying degrees of success. Maybe they will have some comments on this therapy for you.

There are many other suggestions we can offer, such as sound machines (or uploads of masking sounds) that you can use, especially in quiet places or when trying to sleep. You can also try taking various supplements suggested on this forum, such as gingko, magnesium, vitamin B complex, vinpocetine, etc. that may take some of the edge off the sound.

We're glad you joined us; we're here to support one another. You've come to the right place!

3. Matt01

Matt01 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/11/14
      HBO is based on the ltd studies, more effective inside 3 months, so I would start sooner rather than later if you want to give it a try.