5th Chakra and tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Apr 12, 2013.

1. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      This was new to me as well. I will let the experts on this explain balancing the 5th chakra and it's relation to tinnitus.

I found this article first and then did some more research on the 5th chakra.

The fifth chakra
      So far, we have addressed tinnitus and ear problems from the physical or nutritional healing point of view only. Let us now examine the bigger, holistic picture, for those cases that are rooted on emotional patterns.

From a holistic point of view, ear problems can be malfunctions associated with your fifth chakra. Disorders of the throat, voice and neck are other possible malfunctions of this chakra, as is tightness of the jaw.

The fifth chakra is the chakra that governs communication. It is related to your ability to express your deepest feelings with honesty and clarity, to yourself and others. It is also related to your ability to hear and speak the truth. It is also the chakra that allows creativity to flow in and through you.

Healing this chakra entails working with your inner child, the little voice inside yourself that asks you to pay some attention to your emotions. This is important because psychological studies have demonstrated that all negative emotional states hide an unfulfilled need of our inner child.

The possible emotional cause of ear problems
      From a metaphysical standpoint, ear problems –in general- mean that there is something happening that you do not want to listen to. If there is pain, it is an indication that there is some anger involved. Thus, there might be an angry refusal to hear something (as in the typical case of children not willing to hear their parents’ arguing).

If this happens to be the case, work on dissolving your anger around that particular thing that you dislike listening to. Work on changing your perception about it. Focus instead on listening with love to something you like; to something harmonious, good and pleasurable.

Music therapy
      Music is a powerful healing tool when it is used scientifically, as I have explained in my article about the healing power of music.

Harpsichord music is generally recommended as sound therapy for ear problems. Some music therapists -like Ted Andrews- also recommend symphonies, big band music and reggae as beneficial forms of music for the nervous system and sense organs of the body.

If you wish to address the possible underlying fifth chakra issues as explained above in this article, and the need to listen to your inner voice and pay attention to your inner child, consider listening to my music album "Expression". You may also enjoy my healing track "Communication" (from my album "Peace").

Music played in the keys of G and G sharp is also usually recommended, because those keys are generally helpful for conditions associated with the fifth chakra. A session with a skilled music therapist can go even deeper, in order to determine your own personal music scale and provide you with the sounds and frequencies that resonate with your personal fifth chakra more closely.
      http://www.personal-growth-can-be-fun.com/tinnitus.html

The next site I found on this is below...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      How To Balance the 5th Chakra with Exercises and Meditations

Posted on February 14, 2012 by Sirena Bernal

The 5th chakra, or throat chakra begins the journey into the higher centers, the areas more concerned with enlightenment and spirituality. The throat chakra is where we find our self-expression and ability to communicate. In order to fully be effective in our communication with others, we must first work through the lower chakras.
      As a quick reference guide, I’ve listed the basic description of the the sacral chakra as well as the physical, mental and emotional ailments of each, along with healing modalities.
      Descriptions:

Sanskrit name: Vishudha or “purification”
      Associated color: Blue
      Main Issues: Communication and self-expression
      Endocrine Gland: Thyroid and parathyroid
      Body parts: Mouth, throat, and ears
      Astrological sign: Gemini, Virgo
      Sense: Sound/hearing
      Ailments

Physical ailments: Sore throats, neckaches, low or over-active thyroid, asthma, tinnitus
      Emotional dysfunctions: Inability to express emotions, blocked creativity and perfectionism.
      When the root chakra is too open, or spins too fast, we can become dogmatic, self-righteous, and arrogant.
      When the root chakra is blocked, or sluggish, we feel that we can’t fully express ourselves, we feel like we are not heard, and we can become unreliable.
      When the root chakra is balanced, we find it easy to express our thoughts verbally, we are good communicators with others, and are artistically inspired.
      Healing Modalities for the 5th chakra turquoise.jpg

Crystals: Turquoise, Aquamarine, Lapis lazuli
      Fragrances: Chamomile, Myrrh
      Meditations for the 5th chakra:
      • What I have to say is worthy of being listened to. Translation: My opinion matters.
      • I listen to others carefully and consider their thoughts and feelings. Translation: I understand that being a good communicator means being a good listener.
      • I always speak from the heart. Translation: I say what I mean, and mean what I say.
      Self Reflection Questions for the 5th chakra:
      • When was the last time you spoke up in a conversation that you did not agree with?
      • Do you feel you are able to express yourself verbally without hesitation to your partner, friends, family and co-workers?
      • How do you express your feelings? Do you journal? Write poetry? Or hold it all in?
      Movement Therapy for the 5th chakra

The following video has 3 great exercise, the first called a Windmill uses the foam roller to increase mobility in the upper back, the second, is a pilates exercise called “roll-over” and the 3rd is called “jackknife”. These 3 exercises can be used to bring energy back to your throat chakra. You can do this whenever you are feeling stressed, during your warm-up in a workout, in the morning, or right before you go to bed.
      Exercises for the 5th Chakra

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Just for fun and those of us that are not familiar with the 5th chakra, here is more info....

BLUEgoverns the THROAT chakra. KNOWLEDGE, HEALTH, DECISIVENESS
      Related organs: throat and lungs

Endocrine gland: thyroid gland. The upper digestive tract can be affected by imbalance in this area.TURQUOISE can also be helpful for both the throat and the heart chakra.

Associated problems: Thyroid problems - over active/under active; Anorexia nervosa (this is a multi-chakra problem but has a strong connection to the throat chakra); asthma; bronchitis; hearing problems; tinnitus - may also be connected to problems with the brow chakra; problems of the upper digestive tract; mouth ulcers, sore throats, tonsillitis.

Personality Traits: Loyal, tactful, affectionate, inspiring, inventive, caring, and cautious.

Blue is the colour of the spirit and relates to self expression - speech, communication, the ability to communicate our needs and requirements; Spirit of truth and purpose. This is a mentally-relaxing colour. Blue has a pacifying effect on the nervous system and brings great relaxation - ideal for sleep problems, and hyper-active children. Connects us to holistic thought, and gives us wisdom and clarity enhancing communication and speech.

positive aspects of blue
      - loyal - trustworthy - tactful - calm
      negative aspects of blue
      - unfaithful - untrustworthy - self-righteous - cold

http://threeheartscompany.com/chakra.html
      spacer.gif
      chakra_07.gif spacer.gif
      spacer.gif

spacer.gif
      spacer.gif
      spacer.gif
      spacer.gif