AC/DC

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jeannie, Mar 8, 2016.

1. jeanoroid
      Yeehaw

jeanoroid Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / headphones
      Funny story.
      I was wearing Muffs at a gig in Knoxville.
      Drunk lady comes up and asks "what station are you listening to?" in a smartass way.
      I was honest and replied "anything that isn't that crap (referring to the horrible hipster opening band)".
      She stood back for second and then says "That's my son's band!"...

Then she started cracking up and said she thought they sucked too..

• Like Like x 1
    2. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      What do people mean by ear fatigue,muffled hearing?Either way I may look into these,the ones I have are ok but if these are better it might be a good small investment.

3. jeanoroid
      Yeehaw

jeanoroid Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / headphones
      Ear fatigue happens when your ears are subjected to loud, constant sound for too long.
      My best description is that it stops sounding musical and just starts sounding mushy.
      Recording engineers have to take breaks from mixing etc because they can't trust their ears after a short while - frequencies go awry. That point when you feel you need to turn up the music to hear it correctly - that's EF setting in.

Naturally, T/H sufferers mostly feel the opposite reaction to loud sounds.

As far as the muffs go - I have to have them or quit playing music altogether so the investment of a coupla extra bucks is a no brainer. Wish I would have had them all along..

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      Jeanoroid,this is off subject,but is your avatar your band?@which one is you?

5. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, if yes let me know and I'll delete this :)
      This might be interesting for those of you who suffer from severe hearing loss.
      Brian Johnson from AC/DC - We have the...

• Like Like x 3
    6. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      Wow seeing people break down in tears after finally hearing music again gave me the chills.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. jeanoroid
      Yeehaw

jeanoroid Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / headphones
      Haha - That's The Ramones..
      Sadly, every one of those guys has gone to Rock n Roll heaven..

8. MikeA
      Musical

MikeA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Last year I got Direct Sound EX29 Extreme Isolation Professional Headphones.
      41v+7DtCqhL._SY450_.jpg
      I recently reconnected with old friends and we've resurrected our Rock cover band. I could not practice without adequate noise reduction. I make sure that we don't go over about 85 dB ("guys, turn down a bit"). With these headphones offering 28 dB protection, I'm well within safe limits.

But I suppose there's nothing to protect Brian Johnson given the volume AC/DC plays at. I too saw them several times in the 80s and 90s, along with many other very loud bands, .....

• Like Like x 2
    9. jeanoroid
      Yeehaw

jeanoroid Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / headphones
      I have those same headphones - and ironically I had them for some time before ever getting T.
      Good monitoring phones for recording drummers..
      When I first got T I would wear them a bit but they are a bit cumbersome for dragging out to gigs etc so I streamlined with the Peltor/3Ms.. I have a pair in the car (yes I sometimes listen to music with them on - its fallen to this) so I can have them on me in any situation - and I have a pair always in the gig bag..

10. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/05/24/brian-johnson-reveals-reason-left-acdc.html

Issued kind of a weird explanation of what happened to get hearing loss in his right ear. Not really sure what kind of info he is getting from these ENT's. Either way, seems like he now knows the loss is permanent.
      For what its worth I'm hoping he just doesn't accept this and tries to do something about it. I know if I had that much money, I would be flying around the country talking with researchers and patients that have undergone stem cell procedures, and maybe investing in one of the hearing loss start-ups with first dibs on a procedure for even a partial restoration of my hearing. I'm pretty sure when you are rich, you don't worry about what the FDA will require.

11. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's kinda hopeful for us his initial T went away over some months..

12. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    13. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Brian never bothered to post his initial success story here! So i will do it in his stead:

"During a chat with SiriusXM radio host Doron Levin, Johnson gave a detailed timeline of his continued hearing loss. The singer said his hearing issues began roughly eight years ago while racing at the Watkins Glen International. “For the first time ever, I forgot to put my earplugs in,” Johnson describes. “After about 35 minutes, my left ear; a little pop. All that happened was I suffered tinnitus for about six or seven months, but it cleared up and I was fine again. We did another tour after that and I was fine.”

Read More: Brian Johnson: Fluids Had Been Eating Away at My Ear | http://loudwire.com/acdc-brian-john...-fluids-eating-away-at-ear/?trackback=tsmclip

14. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      How the hell can he abuse his ears so much for a lifetime, get tinnitus for 6 months then get better? Life isn't fair.

• Agree Agree x 2
    15. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, he's pretty screwed now, lost a lot of his hearing in one ear and his gig to Axl Rose :)

16. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, well, well:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/br...-device-says-he-was-amazed-by-new-technology/

After meeting with Ambrose, Johnson released the following statement regarding his experience: "It WORKS. It just totally works and you can't argue with that. I was really moved and amazed to be able to hear music again like I haven't heard for several years now. I can't wait for it to be miniaturized so I can use it in every situation from normal communication, going out to noisy restaurants, to performing live music on stage."

• Informative Informative x 1
    17. Vassili
      Dreaming

Vassili Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      I'M ON A HIIIGHWAY FROM HELL... I hope :p