Acetyl-L-Carnitine Effective for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Stink, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Nick Pyzik
      Depressed

Nick Pyzik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/23/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to in-ear headphones & playing in a band
      Try taking B-12 2500 mcg and Astaxanthin 4mg or 12mg. B-12 is good for re-myelination of the nerves connected to the hair cells in your ears. Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant that contains n-t3 which is great for promoting nerve survival, regrowth, and the connection of synapses to hair cells in your ears. I've been taking both and it seems to help a good bit for me. My hearing is not like what is was before my hearing incident, but it seems to be running a bit smoother now than it was a month ago.

2. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I take 2x500mg daily

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term NIHL and recent acoustic trauma
      My tinnitus is a pure consequence of acoustic trauma and hearing loss
      All I am trying to do right now is to improve the loss - once this is achieved then some tinnitus reduction will happen naturally
      I am not too worried about tinnitus at this stage - it's still too early to say as it goes up and down , was fine in the morning but in the afternoon in the stress of work the hissing goes up big time but at the same time I am hearing the high frequencies a lot clearer and stronger so I take it as a good sign that things are improving , but it's not a linear progression.
      My tinnitus reacts to noise, if there are high frequencies this makes it worse temporarily but again tinnitus isn't the main worry I just want to be able to hear the same sounds as before , enjoy music again etc..

The past month music sounds like my speakers are broken this really is no fun as I am a big music fan too
      But is does sound a bit better day by day so fingers crossed and let's see how much I can get back as time is limited I guess

4. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      How did you get your t - any hearing loss and for how long ?

5. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      From a damn cold 4 years ago!
      Apparently no hearing loss in t ear!
      Go figure...

6. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I see the cause is different then perhaps it may not work - the study mentions hearing loss which is the cause of t for that woman .