Acoustic CR® Neuromodulation: a New Treatment for Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by joe, Jan 22, 2012.

1. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      I remember this being one of the first treatments I discovered when I first got tinnitus back in 2012 and came to this forum.

Is it actually any good or useless like many other of these types of treatments?

2. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      As with all the other types of treatments, they all depend on the individual. What works for some, doesnt work for many others. You can try a free version of it online and see if it makes a difference for you.

3. J5555

J5555 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2009
      Hi all,

I don't visit this site much but have found some helpful post and links when I do. I want to return the favor and thought I would try to document my use of Desyncra, which I started using yesterday.

I was part of a clinical trial and was placed in the CBT group. At the conclusion of my participation in the study I was given a Desyncra device, which is what the other group used. I don't know if I would have participated in the study if I hadn't been told I would get a Desyncra at the end.

I think CBT can help people but I, like many, want a physiological solution and don't want to settle for just "learning to live with it." I've lived with it for 9 years. Anyway, the Desyncra is an iPod set up to only use the Desyncra app along with medical style headphones. They look like hearing aids.

Results are supposed to take many weeks/months. The first day I listened for about one hour at lunch time and three hours in the evening. One hour is the minimum time per session and they recommend 4-6 hours per day. When I went to bed my tinnitus seemed a bit louder than normal. That combined with the anxiety of trying starting this new treatment kept me from falling asleep for more than an hour. I think I'll keep today's time to about 2 hours and ease into it.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      Good luck to you. Let us know how you do!

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Ozwel
      Disappointed

Ozwel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Auditive trauma
      Yep, let us know! :) Thank you.

6. pochito

pochito Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excess - Hearing loss - Gigs - travels - loud music - STRESS
      Hey @J5555

Are you still doing the Desyncra treatment?
      I was wondering if it did help you even a bit since your last post.

I would have the possibility to do it here in France. I am just not sure if it is another snake oil therapy and seems super expensive.

7. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hang on for Neuromod. Desyncra only works (possibly) for tonal tinnitus up to 10 kHz. And it’s like 36 weeks of 4 hour beeps a day. Impractical.

Neuromod is an hour a day for 12 weeks and has the added benefit of tongue stimulation to change plasticity.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. pochito

pochito Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For sure I'm all about Neuromod as well when it's about this kind of treatment... especially that I am not living so far from Ireland, but I was wondering if some people got some improvement with ACRN as the psychology I saw today told me they had 90% good result, almost made me laugh to say the least, that's why I wanted to ask here more info about it.

9. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      According to their website they have treated 4,000 patients with many reporting complete elimination of tinnitus.

Are you really going to pay thousands for this and wear it for 4 hours a day for 36 weeks with no guarantee of improvement?

I’d wait for Neuromod and the last device (MuteButton) was cheaper. Neuromod looks much more easier to use, takes less time and by the sounds of it is more efficacious.

10. pochito

pochito Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think I'll be waiting... just was trying to get more info about it.