Advice — Increased Volume of Ringing

Discussion in 'Support' started by Greg Clarke, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Relapse is like experiencing onset all over again, volume of T and emotionally.
      What happened for the past few weeks you made it spike? Any meds or noise recently?

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. MikeA
      Musical

MikeA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Happy to help. I might add this: Focus on things you can control. Your perception of T will ebb and flow. Good days and bad. Awfully hard to control. But you can take care of yourself: exercise, work on good sleep habits, avoid loud noises, meditate, educate, etc. Do these things and I suspect you will find relief.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Greg Clarke

Greg Clarke Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, Live Music
      @ mike, im trying man. Going to start running again tomorrow.

@ jay thanks for the explaination! I dont think I experienced any unusual noise in the past while. I like to listen to music in the car to and from work which totals 40 mins each day. I am under the weather as I mentioned and the gp said there is fluid in that ear, ive been given drops and a steroidal nasal spray. Can I ask during any of your relapses Jay did it settle like mikes did? Thanks

4. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Careful w drops! Before you do any more check around this site for ototoxcity.
      I got T in 2012 but it faded into the background. Experienced a lot of stress in 2014 and about 2 days after getting over a sinus cold my T went crazy. Scared and confused. Its been almost 6 months and the Volume and characteristics have slowly changed and decreased.
      Take ALA (alpha lipoic acid) and NAC. Google it and start taking asap.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Greg Clarke

Greg Clarke Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, Live Music
      Thanks again Jay, you guys have helped settle me tonight. Ill post progress here. This site really is invaluable.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. James Brown
      Sporty

James Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-1998 2013(worst)2018 (T+H)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposition-noise trauma-siren
      You are full of reason. A stupid technician who made my last audiograhm to test my left ear put a white noise so loud on my right ear that cause me T on my right ear, where I never suffer from before. When I told my ENT he said:-Why didn't you warn. How the hell should I now she was about to put a so high noise to a person suffering with T.
      When he told me to do an other exame a told him to take a walk and gave up of ENT . if I have a tumor in my brain it has already 20 years so I will not do an exam to find if there's one taking the risk to my T get even worse.

7. Blero

Blero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/ Air Pressure from flying
      i had T for 7 years 2/10. 2 months ago i had an increase 5/10. I went through a relapse all over again. It still hasn't settled for me yet. Im hoping it will reduce in volume over time. I'm 22 years old. After the first month I've learned to deal with this beautiful sound called tinnitus. (sarcasm) hopefully with time i will ignore it completely

8. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm sure the doctor is correct. Once you get over your cold and the fluid lessens you'll find your T has returned to its usual level.

9. danny grant

danny grant Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to loud music I presume
      @Blero
      How's your spike doing now fella? I'm 2 months into a spike/relapse.. Good and bad days.... But this is my 2nd time so I've done it before and will do it again(touch wood)
      God bless you all

10. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Yup. I've been given drops and antibiotics through the years for infections. Most of the time I made the appointment because of the increased ringing, and lo and behold, "Red ears," the doctor calls it.
      Hey, ....
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

11. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      I have had light Tinnitus from loud noises at work for years got used to it never bothered me.Then one day out of the blue it increased quite a bit My ENT said it could be due to stress.The strangest thing is that sometimes it goes low again after a sleep,and it lasts all day.At one time it lasted about a week.Then is back again loud.I wish I knew why so I could fix it.