AnneG's Tinnitus Journal

Discussion in 'Support' started by AnneG, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I'd say it's more likely that as you are aware and concerned about you T when something happened like sneezing it firstly made you worried which in turn made you tune into your T and hear it again, and as you've been ignoring it, it probably sounded louder.

I find that if I'm able to mask my T and sometimes even forget about it momentarily that when I do hear it again it seems like such a slap in the face and it gets me down.

Hopefully it has settled down already for you xxx

2. Fish
      Balanced

Fish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2012
      Are you allergic to anything, Anne?

People with allergies (like me) often have swollen sinuses even when they don't experience any other symptoms. Ears and nose are all connected, from my experience nasal congestion can affect the perception of T. Sometimes when I sneeze I feel pressure in my ears too. I don't think it's possible for sneezing to be a cause of louder tinnitus though :) Don't worry about it. Just relax, listen to some masking tracks. It will get better :headphone:

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Hey everyone! How's it going? I just wanted to ask something, So its my 4th week with T, And i really think its improving! Well at least maybe my Perception of it is, i mean didn't let it bother me this past few days, ha! In your face T! Ha ha ha. I felt better when i started to accept it, I'm not speaking for everyone here some has it way worse. My T is mild its a whistling in my right ear, easily maskble by almost anything, even the "hummm" of a fridge, which i think made it easier for me. But i wanted to ask you guys something, this morning i woke up with a noise in my left ear, it stayed for like 3minutes more or less. Its the sound of a Heartbeat! (T's on Right ear) I started thinking "Oh god not again!" I can only hear the beat when i cover my ears but its loud! Which makes it weird considering i can hear my T and its softer but the loud thump of a heartbeat noise i can't its like its not there when i don't cover my ears, but when i did it was there, Its loud. Which made me then anxious about my right ear T that i have done so well not giving a damn about. So does anyone know what this is, I'm afraid of googling it :/ not with all tue horror stories there.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Oh and its weird though, now that my Brain is aware of the T on my right ear and i can hear it again like before, my emotions towards it is Different i don't feel that anxious, scared, worried like i used to before. Now that i hear it again it i feel irritated, no fear just pure irritation. Something is seriously wrong with me. ha ha ha ha :D

5. bendybus
      Goofy

bendybus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      No AnneG there is nothing wrong with you , you are just adapting like I am:sneaky:. It is good to lose the fear. Mine started just shortly before yours i remember your first post and your panic, i too was in full panic mode. I remember somebody on here saying once`accept that you have if for life and if it goes it is better than winning the lottery' Yep I agree. Once I accepted the T, i started to ignore it. Last month i couldn't see a future, today I can.:D

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Anne,
      I'm glad you're doing so much better with your tinnitus these days. Good for you!! You're doing the right thing by not letting it get to you. Doing that will continue to make things more bearable for you.

The pulsating (heartbeat) sound in your ear may be either: myoclonus (it's like a muscle spasm in your ear) or pulsatile tinnitus. You're right not to Google the symptoms, because yours is intermittent and may be only a temporary condition. I have pulsatile tinnitus in my right ear, which began about 3 1/2 years ago. I'm not really sure what caused it, but it was around the time when I took blood pressure medicine. Mine sounds like a pulse, and it is exactly in tune with my heartbeat. I've had a lot of tests, but no cause has been found, so I've been living with it. I don't notice it too much during the day, but at night when things are quiet is when it seems most noticeable.

As I mentioned, yours could be due to stress or other factors, and may be only temporary. If it continues for awhile or gets worse, however, then you might want to see your doctor about it.

It sounds like you're doing so well right now, and I'm glad for you!

Take care,
      Karen

• Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      I can totally relate to that :D "Adapting" That's the word I'm looking for :) Its great to know that there's someone else out there that are also getting better. Yeah almost a month ago when this started i felt DOOMED like it was just the end you know? Those first few weeks my whole life qas just about the T, its like a build a psychological wall that imprisoned me, thankfully i broke out of that and started step step by with taking over my life again. Screw that T! I am so not gonna let it own my life, right? hahaha Wishing you all the best :)

8. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      see anne you are doing fine , adapting lol we all went through the same thing as you and we are all here .have fun with life ...

9. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      AnneG and Christine k---you are both doing great and on track.

Yup, you're right....Adapting takes time. It doesn't happen overnight. Part of it is sometimes hearing other things. I get other weird noises mixed in there now and then. It is normal.

Remember there are always set backs. Everyone has them. Even if things go great for days or weeks, there can still be some bad days in there. Realize this is normal and part of the process. So when you're having a bad day just think to yourself that a good days is coming up to bat next.....

I played 2 soccer games yesterday. Afterwards my T was blaring. I didn't pay it much mind. I went home, ate dinner and watched the new "Walking Dead" episode. Then I went to bed. Today, everything's back down again. I have the day off, it is sunny with clear skies and 60 degrees--near perfect.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Its 3am and i suddenly woke up hearing what seem'd to be like hissing on my left ear and the whistling gone on my right. Its so low though that its barely there, but then my brain is now tracking it because its new I'm trying to think neutral. Panicking isn't really gonna help me now is it. So my goal is at least get back to bed and not give a damn.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Which is i think is a good thing that i can be so cold to it now than when it first started. I literally almost killed myself. But you know what can we do the THING has a freaking mind of its own.

12. MissionForTheCure
      Woot

MissionForTheCure Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Hi Anne,

Has this only just started or have you had T for a few weeks now? You are absolutely right not to panic and stay calm. At first it does seem almost impossible not to think and like it has a mind of it's own doesn't it? MAke sure you get some good rest and try to fall back to sleep and it will hopefully be better for you in the morning :)

Over time it will improve and please do not do anything silly, you have lots of support here :)

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Its only been a month :) I woke up with it gone though, or atleast i think it os. I couldn't hear it any longer and i sire as hell wouldn't want to look for it. Worst thing a T sufferer to do they say. I'm proud of myself though, for not panicking last night. I felt more in control :) wish you all the best :)

14. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Great news Anne. Happy it went away.

15. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      yes great news

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Hey guys, So i just wanted to ask something because right now I'm not in pretty good shape :/
      Could T move from one ear to another? I just noticed that the T on my right is gone, Or at least i really think it is. Maybe its there, but my brain is focusing on the noise on my left ear which just seem to have started yesterday, Its just so dang annoying! And now i think the volume increased :/ So we went to visit my grandma this afternoon because she was sick. And while we were there my friends called me so i went outside because it was to noisy inside with all the talking, while i was on the side walk there were this kids who blew up a fire cracker 6-7 feet behind me! I panicked and almost yelled at the kids but i thought that would just be unfair and decided to run inside back the house and just covered my ears and listened. Now i hear this High pitch crickets, The sound isn't steady it seems to be Vibrating, fluctuating, i don't really know what to describe it. The volume isn't high, in fact i started to think that maybe if i didn't cover my ears my brain probably won't even recognize the noise. But you guys understand how it is with T right? Sometimes when its loud we don't even react because were used to it, But sometimes when its low like this you feel like its FULL BLAST! Sometimes i feel like lower volume T can drive you crazier -____- But my question is has this ever happened to anyone after hearing something loud? or at least randomly T switches from one ear to another? I'm trying not to think irrationally like "I heard something loud, what if it'll stay like this?!" That'll just make things worse. Right now i hear it because i know i am listening to it and giving it attention. Gah! i was doing so well! But right now i feel more annoyed that scared, and worried :mad: Damn this T!

17. MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      Sorry to hear that @AnneG. Are you sure you're hearing it on your left ear, or is it just 'brain' sound? You're not able to hear your T in your right ear at all? Just to confirm everything, verify everything in a completely silent environment. When my T started, it seemed like it was coming from my brain. I could not point it out at a particular ear and it was weird, like it was coming from my brain. I wake up very early everyday, 4:30am most of the times or else 5am. Everything's completely quiet that time, so I get to hear my T perfectly. It was after 3 or 4 days that I could point out my T was not actually from the brain, but from my left ear. It can definitely get confusing sometimes.

Lie down on a soft pillow and try checking too. Do that just to check once, don't keep repeating it too often, it'll make you sad. Until now, my T hasn't shifted from one ear to another. I've heard about a lot of people on this forum who say that their T started out in one ear and after a while, it started in another too. Same with my mom. But haven't really heard about anyone's T shifting from one ear to another. Might be temporary or a weird situation. Either way, wait for a while and relax. Let's see what's gonna happen. Continue your regular schedule what you used to do these days when you had your T in the right. And keep us informed of any changes. Have a nice weekend! (y)

18. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      Ah, that sucks. But, if it makes you feel any better, my tinnitus has switched sides numerous times! Each time was temporary, a few hours at most. Hope you feel better yo!

19. JTP
      No Mood

JTP Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shit happens
      Sorry to hear you having rough time. My T switches sides constantly, but I don't think it makes things any worse.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Definitely on the left ear. I'm just ignoring it now though. I'm just so tired with worrying i ran out of self pitty i guess. hahaha

21. 5htp
      Amused

5htp Member

Can tinnitus do all that?

Short answer: Yes.

22. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      yes, just a loud clang on a mixing bowl by accident made my tinnitus worse for about 2 weeks. any loud bang will cause it to get "rekindled". usually if you are careful with your hearing and not get any more noise, it will gradually settle. often it will go back to where it was before, but that is not guaranteed. i had some dental work that made it go beserk for 2 months, basically this disease is very nasty. i have been trying to totally isolate my hearing from any accidental noises, and just rest a lot, with quiet. my ears have been gradually getting better but i still take a whole pack of medication to get to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Gaaaaah! As much as i have been doing so well this past couple of days because my brain was finally getting used to the whistling on my right ear, last night my left keeps making this "cricket" noises! And now i woke with my head a jungle! I hear electric static, the whistling, crickets, and vibration of some sort -_- Just when i was finally on track, this plummets be back down to the bottom! Its so annoying :mad: I am so sorry for ranting its just that this is so frustrating that i don't even have enough strength to feel scared or worried, Just pure pissed! I swear if i didn't know i had T i would be freaking out right now because of this. But since i know i do have it and this things might be possible, then yeah. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Your T being joined forces with other sounds. Its like the freaking power rangers assembling in my head :mad:

24. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      I do Anne. I have 3 tones. One is like important standing under electrical wires, then one sounds Luke a far away tea kettle,and last but not least the high pitch tea kettle that's been left in and forgotten lol! I like the wire one best its ok.... But it can be a up and down emotional ride with this T..

• Informative Informative x 1
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Its great comfort I'm not alone in this :) I've been trying to Ignore it though, keeping myself busy right now by doing my School project. And thankfully i managed, Usually I should be panicking right now, But instead here i am sitting down calmly like i hear nothing! hahahaha Thank you Christine :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    26. Per

Per Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Sometimes for no apparent reason I also hear new sounds on top of what I already have, they tend to fade in and then go away after a short while, it's almost always this straight lined tone that is a bit lower in frequency compared to my static high pitched noise. The latter could be described as a million crickets, a dentist drill on full throttle or the sound of a jet engine just prior to taking off. This noise is always loud and stable, when the other tones fades in I always get surprised. Like "what the ¤¤//xz are you doing here?" First time it occurred I got really scared cause I thought I would have to deal with that noise on top of the other ones all the time, but so far the additional tones have gone away moments after arriving. That's good cause I have enough on my plate dealing with the noises I already have.

• Like Like x 1
    27. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      My spell check is needed before i post hahahah, I was in a rush to go with my daughter to the store lol, sorry people .

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      I'm freaking out right now :(
      My T was louder today than it ever was and now its just worse! I feel bad for going out the house i shouldn't have :( Now i feel like locking myself up and never going out again! I never felt this horrible even before my T onset. I went outside just earlier to walk out the dog, when this kids were there in one street and decided to do a prank on me and like yesterday set off a Fire cracker! While i was passing by i didn't notice this kids lighting the fire cracker, so while i was passing the cracker exploded right beside me! And so my ears started ringing insanely loud that its the only thing i can hear, (Mostly on my right because it was on the right side) I covered my ears and just freaked out! It lasted for 10 seconds, while i was freaking out the kids laughed and ran away. i just wanted to chase them and yell at them for their disrespect! Its like the universe is punishing me! So i ran back to the house and told my mom what happened. And when i was finally in my room its when i realized that the ringing was still present! Not on the same volume though but its a VERY HIGH PITCH SCREECHING NOISE! I'm in tears right now :( I'm lost again and i am freaking out! Please, i don't know why I'm posting this maybe i just need some encouragement :( This might as well be the worst day of my life :(

• Hug Hug x 2
    29. Hopeful
      Wishful

Hopeful Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13
      Hi Anne,

You can't protect yourself from accidents. It is not your fault. Wait and see - the ringing will probably subside. Hopefully.

30. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      Try to get to a GP or ENT and get on a course of oral steroids ASAP - just an idea but might help with any new damage you might have sustained! Either way it might just settle by itself!