AnneG's Tinnitus Journal

Discussion in 'Support' started by AnneG, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Yrrag
      Fine

Yrrag Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2013
      Hi Anne and to all. I am also from the Philippines. I got my T on march 2013. I had a bad case of cold the day before i got the T. The stories i read here is almost similar to my experience. I woke up at around 3am with a loud high pitch ringing noise. I tried to sleep again but the ringing was so loud. I immediately panicked and my palms were so sweaty. I could feel my pounding heartbeat and i walked around the house thinking i could get away from the noise. I hid my condition from my family while i was giving it sometime to disappear. I have a medical background so i immediately know what to look for. The more details about the T i learn the more hopeless i felt. After 2 anxiety filled and sleepless weeks, i decided to get professional advice. After the test were done the conclusion was that i have normal hearing but i have tinnitus on the left ear. Right ear is normal. I beared with the loud ringing noise for 2 months until the noise became minimal. I learned to accept ringing noise as a part of me now. I also don't think about it for most of the day. It only when i go to sleep that i notice it. It doesn't interfere with my sleep anymore. In fact, my wife complains that i wake up late in the morning on weekends. Being busy and cycling/sports helped me a lot with my battle with tinnitus. It's kinda funny that a few days ago that i learned that my dad has tinnitus too. Anyway, thank u all for allowing me to share. I wish all a noise free day ahead of us. We just all hang on and think that we are not alone in this.

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Smoogle
      Wishful

Smoogle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      That's quite an awesome story Yrrag, it's great to hear that your T got better in time and that you got such a good handle on what remained. :D

Hoping I can get back there myself soon.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Yrrag
      Fine

Yrrag Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2013
      It will get better smoogle. I guess i just learned to adapt or habituated to it at an earlier time. Believe me its still there on the background but i dont fear it anymore. It wont stop me from enjoying life. I hope yours gets better too. :)

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      @Yrrag Thank you for posting your story 'Kababayan!'

5. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Hey Anne, I hope you are doing OK! I have read your thread and have to agree with you about how awesome this community is! I just joined yesterday and have already been blessed and learned so much! Interestingly enough I developed my T almost one year to the day from the beginning of this thread (Oct.1 2012). I am happy that you are finding support here and pray you are experiencing relief!!

6. chinita
      Shitfaced

chinita Member

Tinnitus Since:
      september 22,2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      Hi Anne :) I'm from Philippines too and unfortunately like you, I have Tinnitus too for almost 9 months. I can say the sound is not really bothering me but the anxiety does and it sucks . Do you still have tinnitus until now? coz some of your post was 3 years ago.

7. MartinH
      Angry

MartinH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows?
      Hi Annie,
      You haven't posted here for a while but I wanted to ask and see if you would tell me what your experience has been with ENTs and navigating the tinnitus treatment / evaluations in Manila. My wife is from Manila and I'm thinking of coming there so I can get all my exams done in a few days, rather than wait around for weeks to get them done here. Hope you're doing well.